Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display in PS showing different between computers

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
Lieblaw
711 Views, 19 Replies

Display in PS showing different between computers

My drawing is looking great in MS and all of the colors we use for illustrating the differnt cuts/fills are our oridnary colors of reds and blues...I haven't changed any settings that I know of and our .ctb is rock solid.  When I switch over to PS I notice the colors that are close to white but actually 99 luminosity on the true colors (blue/red), they appear the color black.  When I open the drawing up on another computer, they are as they are meant to appear with the red/blue hues I want them.  I've audited several times and am just wondering if there's a button I pressed without realizing or if something else is askew?  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

-Lieb 

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
rkmcswain
in reply to: Lieblaw

Do you have "Display Plot Styles" checked ON in your page setup?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 20
Lieblaw
in reply to: rkmcswain

The Display Plot Style box is checked and is still providing the wrong colors we're after.  It was originally not checked but when it IS checked, it appears to show no changes in colors...

Message 4 of 20
jmayo-EE

XRef fading??

From the Insert tab of the Ribbon, hit the Reference dropdown and see if you have Xref fading turned on. If so slide the bar to zero.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 20
Lieblaw
in reply to: jmayo-EE

After trying the XREF Fading to zero, and after a quick regen, we still are
seeing the color white showing in PS as black...I'm not sure what's causing
this...
Message 6 of 20
jmayo-EE

If your PS background is set to White and you have a layer with a color of white Acad will automatically display the objects on the layer in black so you can see them. THis is normal behaivor. If you do not want this try using color 255.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 20
rkmcswain
in reply to: jmayo-EE

jmayo wrote:
 If you do not want this try using color 255.

Or a truecolor close to white, starting with 255,255,255

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 20
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rkmcswain

"Or a truecolor close to white, starting with 255,255,255" Ab

Absolutely. This will get a better shade of white.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 9 of 20
Lieblaw

I do understand that AutoCAD uses black to help the user see the color while in MS...but in PS, it has always (until now) shown in it's native color of choice.  I am not using White persey but actually a primary color with the luminosity raised to 99 under the True Color tab of the Analysis function in Surface Properties.  The color choice we're using is very close to white but not enough to lose it while viewing the drawing in PDF format or off the plotter.  I've attached an image illustrating what we're seeing and hope this can help remedy this issue.  Not only does it show it's going to print the colors different than we're wainting in PS, it also prints this way.  The colors we're wanting are in our .ctb file so I'm confused on the solution.  We've also attempted to uncheck the print .ctb box to see if it would work as we're wanting and that gave us the same output.  

Message 10 of 20
Lieblaw

I've tried changing the colors that we have been using to a different shade of white and still we are facing these issues. We've run a repair on AutoCAD and we're still getting the same issues. This is only occurring on two of the 16 computers running the program so I'm not sure what has been changed or if anything has been...
Message 11 of 20
~Opie

Have you exported the profiles of one good and one bad computer for comparison?
Message 12 of 20
Lieblaw

Attached are the screenshots of my colleague's computer profile that is not plotting correctly.  It appears perfect in MS but in PS and plotting, we get different colors.  My computer's settings are the 1.1, 1.2, etc illustrating the differences between the computers...Mine plots well and his does not...

Please advise what I can do to rememdy this situation.

Message 13 of 20
Lieblaw

Message 14 of 20
Lieblaw

Message 15 of 20
Lieblaw

and mine:

Message 16 of 20
Lieblaw

Message 17 of 20
Lieblaw

Message 18 of 20
CEMuhlbeier

I am the colleague with this in question,  My ctb is loaded and works on everyone else's computer when plotting and viewing in PS, so I'm confused why I'm seeing colors that are not represented on our ctb or colors that are to be the colors I'm wanting are not showing themselves in PS and while plotting.  My colors are shades of the colors I'm wanting with grays and blacks...

Can anyone advise what to do?

Message 19 of 20
CEMuhlbeier
in reply to: CEMuhlbeier

My "White/Light" color is shown as 250,250,255...
Message 20 of 20
AllenJessup
in reply to: CEMuhlbeier

The only thing I can think of is to check the paths to your CTB on the files tabs on the different computers. Oh. Check for layer override colors also.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report