Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing text

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
aluster
17581 Views, 23 Replies

Disappearing text

Pieces of text are disappearing after I move them. I try to undo and they are still gone. The only thing that will bring them back is to save the drawing, close Civil 3D all together and re-open. If I only close the drawing and open it again, the text will disappear after I try to move it again. It has only happened a few time today on random pieces of text so I have not found a way to duplicated this problem.

We have Civil 3D 2012 installed on three different computers. One vista 32-bit, one vista 64-bit and one win 7 64-bit. A couple of video cards have certified drivers, one does not. It has happened at least once on all three computers today. None of our text styles are set to be annotative. Anyone?

Thanks,

Andy

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: aluster

I have the same issue.  If you scale it it stays exatly the same, if you try to move it dissappears. 

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

True I see it only in the single line text as well. If I move the text to a multi line string then the problem goes away.

I can also copy the text and replace it in a new text string and I have not seen issues with that, only the single line text coming from 2011 drawings.

Message 23 of 24
markvb51

I have been having the same problem..

On my laptop with AMD A8 64 bit and at work I7 chip 64 but...

Message 24 of 24
DanG...

Hey all,

we had the same issue with few drawings ...

after all i was curious what causes this problem.

if someone creates a new drawing having the variable "dtexted" set to "1" (editing window) the disappearing happens to ppl which got the variable set to "2" (direct text editing)

The disappearing wont start if the text wasnt edited - but if you edit a text and try to move, rotate of copy it, its going to disappear randomly and the only way to get it visible is to do a regenall. The location is still the original one. Moving the text by the basepoint (blue square) is working fine.

To avoid this issue in a design team, its the best to have the dtexted variable set to 1 OR 2 ... Do not mix it.

I hope this will help you out there

best regards

Daniel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report