acad c3d 2013
My sag and Crest profile labels disappear when opening the drawing. Has anyone had this problem and if so have they been able to find a fix for it.
A couple of questions.
Does this happen in all your drawings?
Does this happen on all workstations?
Have you run an audit?
Have you run -purge for the regapps?
If you have run all of these and still have the issue, perhaps post the drawing and one of us will see if it happens to us.
I'm having same issue. The drawing was created in 2012, then updated to 2013. A drawing created in 2013 doesn't have this issue. Computer seeting hasn't changed since 2012. The only change is civil 3D is updated to 2013. My production drawing is 90% done, so I don't want to rebuild profile drawing. It seems there are a few thread in this topic, any solution from Autodesk???????
Can you go back to 2012?
My suggestion ("solution?") is that: never update when you are 90% done! We don't even update a project if it's even 10% done.
Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.
Thank you for the info. Going back to 2012 is time consuming. I assume many of us work multiple project at time, and some of them are always 90% range. Also muptile people work on the same project, it is hard to keep the version the same. In this slow time we have project from 2004. we cannot work on LDD.
I really want Autodesk to look in to this problem.
Meanwhile my workaround is to create profile in produciton drawing and label them in the drawing rather than base drawing. this way, at lease we only need to open one drawing to fix.
This works for us every time –
After the 2013 drawing is opened and all the messages are finished:
1.Go to toolspace
2.Navigate to the alignment that needs labels to reappear, right-click and synchronize
3. Repeat for each alignment that you need labels to reappear.
Its a little time consuming, but ALL the labels reappear. Even any customized labels return to their modified state.
I have the same problem. I tried refresh and all my profiles disappeared completely! This is a drawing that was begun in 2012, now 2013. Completely annoying. Even a new profiles I create: no labels! Anyone have a solution for this?
I also had this same issue. I opened a case with Autodesk on it and it was never resolved.
As others have said a synchronize makes the labels come back, however if you've repositioned them or overridden the text at all those changes are lost. The only usabel solution we had for it was to lock the layers the labels were on. This stopped them from disappearing, but still allowed them to update the content if the DREF changed.
Syncronize made everything disappear for me. I ended up opening an autosave copy which had the labels and the profiles still showing. I just overwrote my original drawing so I didn't lose too much work. As a precaution, I'm locking the labels from now on. Thanks.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.