Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direction Arrows for curves

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rkmcswain
937 Views, 2 Replies

Direction Arrows for curves

Toolspace > Settings > General > Label Styles > Line

When I create a line label, one of the components available is “Direction Arrow”. This component is not available for “Curve” labels. I would really like to use C3D labels to indicate direction (I realize curves don't have a 'direction', but I don’t mind manually flipping and reversing the arrow). Is there any other label option in C3D that will draw a direction arrow for curves?

arrows6.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
troma
in reply to: rkmcswain

We use a block of an arrow within a label. We have an expression to make it point in the direction of the water flow; not sure if you're labelling flow or station.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 3
wetsnow13
in reply to: rkmcswain

This is what I can think of:  create an arrow block and add that block to your curve definition.  I haven't tested it but I doubt that the block will flip direction so you would likely need one for clock wise and one for counter.  If you want the arrow to be curved as shown you will need several blocks (concave clockwise, etc.) and curve label styles utilizing them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report