Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Connect to ArcSDE Connection with Civil 3D 2015 (64-Bit) not working...

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
RDunkley
1854 Views, 12 Replies

Direct Connect to ArcSDE Connection with Civil 3D 2015 (64-Bit) not working...

I have been trying to add an ArcSDE Connection in Civil 3D 2015, but have been unsucessful.

I have read bits and pieces in different places and would like to know whether it is possible to do this with a 64-Bit system?

There are no problems doing this with our Civil 3D 2014 (64-Bit) system.

I have installed Autocad Map 3D SP3 and copied the following files to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Map\bin\FDO

pe.dll

sde.dll

sg.dll

gsrvrsql101.dll

icudt44.dll

icuuc44.dll

sdesqlsrvr101.dll

xereces-c_3_1.dll

Regards.

Ross.

Currently using Civil 3D 2022
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
tcorey
in reply to: RDunkley

Are you getting a particular error?

There is a known issue with Civil 3D 2015 where the AutoCAD Map support folders are not being specified in Support File Search Path (top setting in Options, Files tab.) I thought it was fixed in SP1, but just in case, check to see if your support file search path includes C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2015\map, C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2015\map\support\en-us, C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2015\map\bin\fdo and C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2015\map\en-us.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 13
RDunkley
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks,

I wasn't aware of the issue. I added those locations to my Support File Search Path but still no luck Smiley Sad

I am not getting an error, but nothing happens...

In 2014, I have to manually enter text in the 'Data store:' field and then the 'Version:' field is populated...

In 2015, I manually enter text in the 'Data store:' field but nothing appears in the 'Version:' field...

Regards.

Ross.

Message 4 of 13
Murph_Map

Check/compare the providers.xml file between the 2014 and 2015 versions. 

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Map\bin\FDO ,Your location may be different for the files. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 13
RDunkley
in reply to: Murph_Map

My colleague is running Civil 3D 2015 (64-Bit) and his is working, but I cannot get others to work.

I have checked the providers.xml compared to his, and we both have the same file in the same location...

We both have the .dll's copied into our FDO folder as posted previously. 

The only things that I can think of that might make a difference are...

- I have Map 2015 SP3 and my colleague does not

- We have different versions of Microsoft SQL Server programs installed

Regards.

Ross.

Message 6 of 13
kafrosand

Did you happen to get this working?  I'm having the same issues connecting to SDE and have verified that the same dlls exist on the machine.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 13
RDunkley
in reply to: kafrosand

I managed to get it working this morning... I ended up copying the whole of my colleagues FDO folder and this did the trick.

I have no idea which files were the problem though...?

Regards.

Ross.

Message 8 of 13
kafrosand

Hi RDunkley,

Thank you for that.  Unfortunately this is the only user that does this kind of connection that is on 2015.  Would you mind taking a screenshot of the files in your FDO directory and sharing it?  Maybe doing some comparason to what you have to what we have might shed some light...  grasping at straws. 

Thanks!

Message 9 of 13
RDunkley

Hi. I have attached screenshots showing the contents of the FDO folder and the com sub folder...

Hope this helps...

Regards.
Ross.

Message 10 of 13
kafrosand

Thank you for that.  I didn't see anything that was obvious, other than differing file dates.  The com folder is exactly the same.  At least I could verify we have all the files we need, it's now just a question of what's in them that's not quite right...

I appreciate your help!

Message 11 of 13
karengray2783

We've recently updated to 2015 with the whole suite of Autodesk (Civil 3D, Map, etc) and have ArcMap 10.2 and are unable to connect via Arc SDE.  I copied the typical DLL files to the appropriate fdo/bin folder and made sure it is pathed in the options in both Map and Civil 3D.  I even tried copying other DLLs like suggested above by Ross.  However, when making the connection, it appears the connection is made (no error when we enter user id and password), but the pull down menu doesn't populate with data to add to CAD.  Trying to determine where the problem is.  Anyone have any ideas?  We've tried this on a couple of computers in our office and seem to get the same result.  Any help would be appreciated!!

Message 12 of 13
MNCGIS
in reply to: karengray2783

Hi Karen, our situation seems identical to yours (64 bit dll's from server copied, no error when server name and instance name entered and login credentials accepted, but then nothing shows up in the data store list). Have you found a solution?

Thanks!

Don

Message 13 of 13
karengray2783
in reply to: MNCGIS

Unfortunately, no, we haven't been able to solve this.

I was in touch with AutoDesk and they said that they support 10.2, but not 10.2.1 or 10.2.2 (which is what our server has been updated to).  They do have plans to add supoort for these versions, but not currently supported as I understand it.  We're still trying things here, and I will post if we do find a solution or work around.

I also posted a new thread on this and perhaps some of the suggestions there may help you though -- here is the link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-map-3d-general/connect-to-arcsde/m-p/5530240#M44274

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report