Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIMSTYLE WON'T SET TEXT HEIGHT TO 0 (NOT GREYED OUT)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2383 Views, 8 Replies

DIMSTYLE WON'T SET TEXT HEIGHT TO 0 (NOT GREYED OUT)

Okay so this dwg was done in LD2004 and then brought into Civil3d 2013

So, I can't change the text height, I change the dimstyle, I change textstyle nothing matters, when I have the opurtunity to change the text height (in dimstyle) to 0, it won't accept when you hit okay, in fact until you give it a value greater than 0 it won't let you modify any other feild (in dimstyle)

Man, this program some days..... I need to buy something to punch.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
brian.strandberg
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't punch the computer.  (Trust Me).

As for not being to set the text height in the dimstile to 0, I can't do that either (it won't allow me).  It needs to have a positive value. 

Hope this helps!

I rarely have time to post. If what I post helps please use Accept as Solution / Like when appropriate.

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: brian.strandberg

From my understanding (or at least it used to be this way)  if you set the value to 0 then you can modify the text height or a dimension through properties.

I tried searching fo this issue but can't find the exact same issue, you know you would think that if this many people have problems with the dimstyle they would acually fix the issue, or at least give me an error message but it seems like they are more concerned with changeing something that works which creates more issues or releasing a new version every year that most bussnesses won't buy so that they will remain competative with other companies that also won't buy newer versions, especailly when they never fix their bugs.

I can except a no, if the coding is limited at the time, thats fine, but #@$&ing give me an error code, or something.

Message 4 of 9
KirkNoonan

You can change the text height in the dimension properties regardless of what the default dimstyle setting is. I've never tried making it 0 in the dimstyle before, but when I tested it, 2014 behave the same way you described. If you try to change it on the command line using the dimtxt system variable, it will give you an error message.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: KirkNoonan

My dwg won't let me change the height through properties even changing the dimstyle or the textstyle, and no error message, so I have no idea what to do (Thanks Autodesk)

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

No success with the Dimtxt command, no error message, retains setting (but doesn't work)

Message 7 of 9
Neilw_05

You must set a height for text in a dimstyle. It can't be zero. When you place a dimension the height of the text is multiplied by the scale setting in the dimstyle.

If you cannot change the text height value in the dimstyle, it is likely because the textstyle you have selected has a height already applied in the text style settings. In that case the text height is controled by the text style. Set the height to zero in the text style and then you can control the height in the dimstyle settings.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Neilw_05

Okay so, more information

This is happening on one of two separate dwgs for two separate projects for the same client, created at the same time by two different drafters.

In other words; two different projects created at the same time, different LD2004 computers.

One dwg I can change the text height through properties and dimsytle, the other I can't

I solved this issue by creating a new dim style, which is the only one that can be modified, why? who knows? So I had to screw with that.

Therefore some kinda compatibility/converting issue coming into 2013 from two different computers with LD2004, but again where's my error message.
Message 9 of 9
Neilw_05

If you can post a dwg with just the dimstyles in it I can take a look.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report