Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensions Not Showing in Layout

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
oceanside
4260 Views, 4 Replies

Dimensions Not Showing in Layout

I have a layout with a viewport that have dimensions using the Bearing & Distance style which was done in Model space in the viewport.  Annotation is set to visable; Annotation scale is set same scale as viewport; and  DIMASSOC=2.  I created a new layout & viewport and the dimensions are not showing up.  The new layout & viewport have the same settings as my first layout.  Why are the dimensions not showing up?  Went back to my Model space drawing to check and they're there.

the best is at the beach!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sinc
in reply to: oceanside

I'm confused...  You're talking about a "Bearing and Distance" style, but there's nothing like that for dimensions, and DIMASSOC has no effect on C3D Labels...

Are you talking about C3D Labels or Dimensions?  If you're talking about Dimensions, it sounds like you may be using an Annotative Style.  Annotative objects will only show up in viewports if the Viewport Scale is in the Annotative Scale List for the Dimension.

Sinc
Message 3 of 5
oceanside
in reply to: Sinc

Sorry...you are absolutely correct...I am using Labels not Dimensions.  I'm using a Bearing & Distance label style. 

the best is at the beach!
Message 4 of 5
OMCUSNR

Check your layers.  See if the layer associated with the style is on or thawed in the viewport.

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 5 of 5
Sinc

Keep in mind that the labels might be going onto an unexpected layer.  The Line/Curve labels get controlled by the Object Layer settings in your Drawing Settings, and they work a bit differently depending on whether you are using General Line/Curve labels or Parcel labels.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report