Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimensioning disappearing when I change scales in Layout

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
GreeneSWCD
765 Views, 3 Replies

dimensioning disappearing when I change scales in Layout

Just like the subject line says, when I demension a drawing in model space, and then go to the layout where I have a viewport set up, if I change the scale for the viewport, the demensioning disappears and I can't get it back.

This is a coworker's drawing, so I'll do my best to answer questions on how it was created. 

Probably something simple? 

Please advise.

thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
GreeneSWCD
in reply to: GreeneSWCD

Looks like the demensioning disappears at 1"=60' and smaller scales.  Like it no longer exists at 1"=50'. 

So, maybe this is simple?  Is this a setting?

Message 3 of 4
jeff_rivers
in reply to: GreeneSWCD

Check whether the dimensions your co-worker created are 'annotative' or not.

If they are annotative dimensions, then they will only be visible in viewports for which the annotative scale (or scales) of the dimension matches the scale of the viewport.

You can add more than one annotative scale to a dimension- so see what the annotative scale of the viewport is, then add that scale to the dimension. Note that they must match exactly. 1:50 is not the same as 1"=50', and so on.

Jeffrey Rivers
Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i9 3.7GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA RTX A4000
C3D 2020 V13.2.89.0
Message 4 of 4
GreeneSWCD
in reply to: jeff_rivers

I just figured that out right before you posted this! But thanks so much anyways! I'll give ya kudos and an accepted solution.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report