Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension lines by picking points?????

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2469 Views, 4 Replies

Dimension lines by picking points?????

Making the switch to Civil 3D. I was previously using 2009, and I could add dimension labels by picking two points (endpoints, intersections, etc.) to get the whole line or just a segment. In Civil 3D 2012, I create styles and add labels through the annotate tab, but I can only selct the line or curve in its entirety.  There must be a way to easily label portions of a line or multiple segments as one line.

Thanks in advance! 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

In 2013 there is an option to label by points. Lines only unfortunately. You can also see [this] discussion. See the post by johnm that includes a drawing with overall label styles.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
michael.robertson

Which dim command are you using? IN C3D 2012 using DIMLINEAR I can use any point I want OR select entity. I use OSNAP to make sure I'm getting points on the object.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: michael.robertson

I guess to use the word dimension in inappropriate. Adding labels is really what I'm doing.  Bearing and distance in some cases and just distance in others. The 722.17' property boundary in this photo is a classic example.  The boundary consists of 3 segments.  In order to get it to say 722.17' I hade to add my label then explode then explode attributes and manually edit the text.  I want to snap between intersections and points and endpoints.

thanks

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

this photo....lol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report