Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Labels in C3D 2014

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
L3GO-Ed
1635 Views, 7 Replies

Dimension Labels in C3D 2014

Hello there,

I was wondering if C3D can enable me give my cross section descriptive dimension labels, automatically. I have aploaded an image of what I would like to pull off

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
el_nath
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

There are many ways. One way would be to the code description property in the label contents. Use a link to marked point for the overall roadway, and fill in the code descriptions for what you want (individual lanes and the link to marked point for the overall roadway).

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer
Message 3 of 8
Joe-Bouza

Wow! Sounds super cool. would you be able to ellaborate?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

That makes two of us Joe....

Message 5 of 8
el_nath

Joe, L3GO-Ed,

Sorry for the delay in response. I'm extremely busy with a huge project (I was working until 1:45 this morning, and still had to make it in later today...). See if the attached file can help you out. I whipped it up rather quickly. It has a code set style with link codes for "FullRoadway", "TravelLane", and "ParkingLane". Note the code descriptions. Additionally it contains a _No Display link specifically for the link to marked point (for the full roadway width link). There are two labels for the dimensions for the different locations of the dimesion lines.

Note that I used link to marked point for the roadway width, and I used a simple trapezoid for the lanes. I could have used a link to marked point for the individual lanes as well. Whatever works for your needs.

Senior Civil Engineer
Message 6 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: el_nath

Nice, Nathan!

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 8
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: el_nath

Thanx Nathan, this seems to fix my problem. unfortunately though I tried to create my own" dimension" link label style , following your style, but on creating the dimension line, I can not find the fix to half width option (as u did in yours) in the layout dialog. Are there any settings I am missing? Am running C3D 2014

Message 8 of 8
el_nath

Yes, the line length is controlled by percentage length. 

Sent from my Galaxy S®III

Notice: The information contained in (and attached to) this e-mail is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the designated recipients(s) named above. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution
or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail, and delete the original message
(including attachments).
Senior Civil Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report