Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimension flip arrow

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
lukas6
18575 Views, 5 Replies

dimension flip arrow

hi,

i would like to have dimension arrows on the outside of the dim. line. When I hover over the end grip of the dim line and use flip arrow, it only flips one of them no matter what grip end of the dim line I do that. I don't want to increase the size of the arrows which would probably be a solution.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: lukas6

This topic is better suited for the Autocad forum but DIMSTYLE command is where it can be changed for all new Dimensions.
Dimension style > Mofify > Fit> force arrows inside or outside.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
lukas6
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks,

but I rarely use dimensions, so there's no need for me to create styles, because the dimesion I draw once a month always needs to look different so I use default style and then change the particular dimension in properties box. I was wondering why this neat feature (flip arrow command) doesn't work if there's any glitch or so ... Anyway I may be blind but even when I looked in the Fit tab of the Dimstyles I didn't see that option.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: lukas6

You can do this by using the "AIDIMFLIPARROW" command.

Message 5 of 6
roxo626
in reply to: Anonymous

Written four years ago and it's still useful!

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
michaelsirolli
in reply to: Jay_B

I have a question about this topic. I flipped my arrows to the inside of a circle when dimension the diameter. when i flip the arrows, lines extend beyond the circle which i do not like. i have to explode them and trim but then the dimension is no longer considered a dimension. this is autocad 2021 for mac

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report