Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital record of existing road lane slope (road rehab)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kbarnettza
306 Views, 3 Replies

digital record of existing road lane slope (road rehab)

Civil 3D 2012 (or Civil 3D 2013)

Without automation development, what is the procedure to get a digital record of the existing road lane slope?

I recommend the following:

Use the OverlayWidenMatchSlope1 rehab subassembly to build a corridor, targeting the existing road surface

Make a report using Corridor > Feature Line Report, reporting the Links to get the slope

Am I correct?

TIA, Kevin.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SethHall
in reply to: kbarnettza

Hi Kevin-

If this procedure provides you with the information you are looking for I would suggest using this method.

Another option may be to automatically create points based off the CL alignment that pull elevations from the existing surface using CREATE POINTS - ALIGNMENT>MEASURE ALIGNMENT. Then you may be able to use one of the points reports to generate what you are looking for.

Maybe someone else on the forums has a more creative suggestion.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 4
kbarnettza
in reply to: SethHall

Thanks Seth, I did not know about the method you replied with, you just proved how valuable the forum is. We need to inform the user of the available tool options then they can use the most applicable per task. I sometimes simply race into developing an app when it is not necessary; the set of tools are not always clearly apparent.

Thanks again,

Kevin.

Message 4 of 4
SethHall
in reply to: kbarnettza

Glad to help! Have a good weekend!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report