Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deskey Check Boxes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Pointdump
434 Views, 3 Replies

Deskey Check Boxes

Deskeys2.PNG

What happens if you un-check the point and label style check boxes? Or any of the other boxes, for that matter? Instead of check boxes, why not just have "Default" as one of the choices? I'm thinking there's a subtle distinction here that my IQ of 64 is failing to grasp.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: Pointdump

If you uncheck the Style dialog, the points can take on the style of their point group(s). If the style is checked and set to something other than Default, then the style is applied to the point and the point won't display as instructed by the point group, unless you modify the point group properties to Override the Point Style.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
Pointdump
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks Tim! That makes sense.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 4
ESchomberg
in reply to: Pointdump

So far for my MENTORSHIPSmiley Mad ANYONE please help me with this!!!!???? This civil3d is going to be the death of me!!! Just when I think i'm moving along C3D pulls the rug out from under me.. The thing is I have carefully experimented, thought this out, tried everything I can think of and it MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!!! UGGGGHHHH... OK, I have my point groups and my description key set. This is about CrAzY scales again...I can bring my P Poles in fine, My guy anchors come in fine, I can bring in my Fire Hydrants fine.....but when I try to bring in my single pole signs from the same list( they come in so tiny that you can't even see them)!

I tried bringing these signs in from both the point list and the description key set. Either way they come in the size of an ant. Can anyone please help me understand why this happens??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report