Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designating points as Control Points

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pgcole
321 Views, 2 Replies

Designating points as Control Points

I have a couple points that were part of an import event (data from a previous project) which I want to assign as control points for an incoming traverse, is there any way to assign those as control points?  I can't seem to find a way to do that other than perhaps re-importing the specific points as control points and overwriting the existing ones.

Thanks for any help!

Patrick

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: pgcole

There's not a way to change the "Type" of a survey point, but you could export it, delete from Survey database, do another import event and set the point type to Control Point in the import event properties. You don't really have to delete the existing non-control point, but if you don't, the new one will either be ignored or will be "Resolved" meaning it will give the point a Name, like 2.1, and no number, which you cannot change. If you don't use point names, this might be an issue for you.

Or, you could just right click on Control Points, pick New, and hand-input the info on the same point you just deleted.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
pgcole
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks Tim, I more or less did that in the end.  I don't think it would let me delete the points from the survey database, not sure why, so I edited the points file that they came from and re-imported that import event, then imported the control points with "control point" as the type.  Kind of a pain.  I did try to import the specific control points at first thinking it would overwrite but got the "resolve point" result.  I don't use named points so that wasn't a workable option.

In the future I will make sure and separate out the fixed control prior to importing.

Thanks,

Patrick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report