Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

design profile

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Hidden_Brain
557 Views, 4 Replies

design profile

if my station 0+00 is in the middle somewhere of an alignment, can i draw part of the design profile from right to left? specifically, 'PSE: starting station 0, elevation 1000, ending station -300 elevation 1200 and so on. i need to lay out part of my profile left of station 0 using both 'PSE and 'PGS.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Why not draw the profile left-to-right? Just reverse the order of input until you get to station 0+00.

Message 3 of 5
Neilw_05
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

I have never had to layout a profile in a negative direction before. I see that C3D doesn't seem to draw profile tangents if the stations are in the negative direction. What seems to work is to draw a tangent in the positive direction and then copy it to the negative side and connect it to an existing tangent. From there you can edit it parametrically. Not ideal but it works.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: Neilw_05

I seem to recall in the past that I just had the beginning station set (e.g.) -400 as the starting point of the alignment and it just goes to "0" then starts in numbering positive.

Perhaps I do not understand the problem.

Bill

Message 5 of 5
omc-usnr
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

This is why I ALWAYS start my stationing at either 1+00.00 or 10+00.00.  That way if something changes later in the design process, I won't be stuck with negitive stations.  It also allows me to show some run-up to the start of my profile.

Reid

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report