Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Profile PVI's Disappearing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
RDunkley
569 Views, 7 Replies

Design Profile PVI's Disappearing

Hi,

Working in Civil 3D 2014 SP1 I have a Design Profile that I have created by setting the Existing Profile to 'Static' and Creating a Copy of the Existing Profile... This leaves me with a Design Profile that follows the Existing Surface. The problem begins when I delete a section of PVI's and introduce new 'Design PVI's'... I have found that at apparently random times my Design PVI's have been lost and replaced with the original copied PVI's that follow the Existing Surface. This has occurred more than once and I can't find any reason as to why this may be occurring...? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ross.

Currently using Civil 3D 2022
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mathewkol
in reply to: RDunkley

Not sure why they would be disappearing, but you can try converting it to an actual design profile. See Joe Bousa's reply.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Create-proposed-profile-from-surface-profile/...
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 8
RDunkley
in reply to: mathewkol

Hi Matt, The profile is a Design Profile, created in a similar way to Joe's description... Any other suggestions? This problem is causing me to do rework multiple times and is extremely concerning as I can't tell when it has happened or which Profiles may be affected without checking each one every time I open the Project.

Message 4 of 8
RDunkley

Does it make a difference whether I Create a Copy or Overwrite the Existing Profile?

Thanks.

Ross. 

Message 5 of 8
RDunkley

This time I used the option to 'Overwrite Existing' and still managed to lose my PVI's...!

This is the 4th time this project. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks.

Ross.

Message 6 of 8
RDunkley

A quick update...

I seem to have found how the problem is occurring but can't understand why?

After using the 'Isolate Selected Objects' command on the Corridor, once I 'End Object Isolation' my Design PVI's all disappear (But only on one of my Profiles... The same one each time...) This is not just a display issue either, regenerating or listing the PVI's confirms that they have gone!

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
mathewkol

That is really weird. I've never heard of that. How about recreating both profiles from scratch, or even the alignment too?

Kudos for figuring out what the catalyst appears to be. Is this completely reproducable? Can you attach the drawing? Which C3D version are you using?
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 8 of 8
RDunkley
in reply to: mathewkol

This issue has occurred again for one of our designers...

I have managed to recreate the issue and also found a 'fix' which worked for me but not my colleague...?

I changed the objectisolationmode  system variable to '1' and this then prevented my design PVI's from resetting.

Any other ideas???

Ross

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report