AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Mark Martinez
Message 1 of 9 (69 Views)

Descripton Key Editor

69 Views, 8 Replies
06-08-2004 01:43 PM
Anyone know what the Copy in the right click menu is for? Mark Martinez The D.C. CADD Company
*Laurie Comerford
Message 2 of 9 (69 Views)

Re: Descripton Key Editor

06-08-2004 02:40 PM in reply to: *Mark Martinez
Hi Mark, As I had the Description Key Editor open to answer an earlier query, I went back to it and can't right click on anything that brings up a copy option. Can you be a little more explicit on what you are actually selecting ? -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Mark Martinez" wrote in message news:b19cc0dg6kj71aaqogtdprb9enppi8df62@4ax.com... > Anyone know what the Copy in the right click menu is for? > > > Mark Martinez > The D.C. CADD Company
*Mark Martinez
Message 3 of 9 (69 Views)

06-08-2004 02:56 PM in reply to: *Mark Martinez
Sorry Laurie, Select on an existing key not a blank line. Mark Martinez The D.C. CADD Company
*Laurie Comerford
Message 4 of 9 (69 Views)

06-09-2004 12:34 AM in reply to: *Mark Martinez
Hi Mike, This is after right clicking where the cursor shows. No sign of a copy option. As I said before I've right clicked everything in this dialog without ever seeing a copy option. I'm in R2004 for this screen grab. -- Regards Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "Mark Martinez" wrote in message news:hfdcc0d280scq6qscieme91a8k46dknv7n@4ax.com... > Sorry Laurie, > > Select on an existing key not a blank line. > > Mark Martinez > The D.C. CADD Company
*Laurie Comerford
Message 5 of 9 (69 Views)

06-09-2004 12:49 AM in reply to: *Mark Martinez
Hi Mark, Apologies. I hadn't realised I was in the Civil 3D NG. I withdraw all my comments as they relate to Land Desktop. -- Regards Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:40c6bd3f_2@newsprd01... > Hi Mike, > > This is after right clicking where the cursor shows. No sign of a copy > option. > > As I said before I've right clicked everything in this dialog without ever > seeing a copy option. > > I'm in R2004 for this screen grab. > > -- > > Regards > > > Laurie Comerford > www.cadapps.com.au > > "Mark Martinez" wrote in message > news:hfdcc0d280scq6qscieme91a8k46dknv7n@4ax.com... > > Sorry Laurie, > > > > Select on an existing key not a blank line. > > > > Mark Martinez > > The D.C. CADD Company > > >
*Mark Martinez
Message 6 of 9 (69 Views)

06-09-2004 06:43 AM in reply to: *Mark Martinez
Laurie, No apologies necessary. I appear to be totally confused also. This functionality appears to be broken in Map 3D not Civil 3D. Go figure! Mark Martinez The D.C. CADD Company
*Mark Martinez
Message 7 of 9 (69 Views)

06-09-2004 06:52 AM in reply to: *Mark Martinez
What's even more confusing is that it appears to be dwg specific. Mark Martinez The D.C. CADD Company
*Mark Martinez
Message 8 of 9 (69 Views)

06-09-2004 07:04 AM in reply to: *Mark Martinez
Ok, I figured it out. This is a Map 3D and Civil 3D issue. Start a new drawing Add a new Description Key Set Right click on the new set and Edit Keys Proof that this should work Right click on the default key in the set and Copy New key is generated Now rename the "copied" key to something else HELLO Right click on the renamed key and Copy No new key generated. Mark Martinez The D.C. CADD Company
*Matt Osborn
Message 9 of 9 (69 Views)

06-10-2004 07:50 AM in reply to: *Mark Martinez
Yes, there are some problems with Desc Key Editor dialog. The Copy problem has already been fixed for the next release. Matt "Mark Martinez" wrote in message news:s76ec0d3q40cmncai5el8pjvta5l364oqv@4ax.com... > Ok, I figured it out. > > This is a Map 3D and Civil 3D issue. > > Start a new drawing > Add a new Description Key Set > Right click on the new set and Edit Keys > > Proof that this should work > Right click on the default key in the set and Copy > New key is generated > > Now rename the "copied" key to something else HELLO > Right click on the renamed key and Copy > No new key generated. > > > Mark Martinez > The D.C. CADD Company >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.