Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Descripton Key Editor

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
144 Views, 8 Replies

Descripton Key Editor

Anyone know what the Copy in the right click menu is for? Mark Martinez The D.C. CADD Company
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Mark, As I had the Description Key Editor open to answer an earlier query, I went back to it and can't right click on anything that brings up a copy option. Can you be a little more explicit on what you are actually selecting ? -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Mark Martinez" wrote in message news:b19cc0dg6kj71aaqogtdprb9enppi8df62@4ax.com... > Anyone know what the Copy in the right click menu is for? > > > Mark Martinez > The D.C. CADD Company
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Sorry Laurie, Select on an existing key not a blank line. Mark Martinez The D.C. CADD Company
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Hi Mike, This is after right clicking where the cursor shows. No sign of a copy option. As I said before I've right clicked everything in this dialog without ever seeing a copy option. I'm in R2004 for this screen grab. -- Regards Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "Mark Martinez" wrote in message news:hfdcc0d280scq6qscieme91a8k46dknv7n@4ax.com... > Sorry Laurie, > > Select on an existing key not a blank line. > > Mark Martinez > The D.C. CADD Company
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Hi Mark, Apologies. I hadn't realised I was in the Civil 3D NG. I withdraw all my comments as they relate to Land Desktop. -- Regards Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:40c6bd3f_2@newsprd01... > Hi Mike, > > This is after right clicking where the cursor shows. No sign of a copy > option. > > As I said before I've right clicked everything in this dialog without ever > seeing a copy option. > > I'm in R2004 for this screen grab. > > -- > > Regards > > > Laurie Comerford > www.cadapps.com.au > > "Mark Martinez" wrote in message > news:hfdcc0d280scq6qscieme91a8k46dknv7n@4ax.com... > > Sorry Laurie, > > > > Select on an existing key not a blank line. > > > > Mark Martinez > > The D.C. CADD Company > > >
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Laurie, No apologies necessary. I appear to be totally confused also. This functionality appears to be broken in Map 3D not Civil 3D. Go figure! Mark Martinez The D.C. CADD Company
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

What's even more confusing is that it appears to be dwg specific. Mark Martinez The D.C. CADD Company
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Ok, I figured it out. This is a Map 3D and Civil 3D issue. Start a new drawing Add a new Description Key Set Right click on the new set and Edit Keys Proof that this should work Right click on the default key in the set and Copy New key is generated Now rename the "copied" key to something else HELLO Right click on the renamed key and Copy No new key generated. Mark Martinez The D.C. CADD Company
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Yes, there are some problems with Desc Key Editor dialog. The Copy problem has already been fixed for the next release. Matt "Mark Martinez" wrote in message news:s76ec0d3q40cmncai5el8pjvta5l364oqv@4ax.com... > Ok, I figured it out. > > This is a Map 3D and Civil 3D issue. > > Start a new drawing > Add a new Description Key Set > Right click on the new set and Edit Keys > > Proof that this should work > Right click on the default key in the set and Copy > New key is generated > > Now rename the "copied" key to something else HELLO > Right click on the renamed key and Copy > No new key generated. > > > Mark Martinez > The D.C. CADD Company >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report