Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Descriptions within Coordinate Geometry Editor

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
George.Ball
752 Views, 6 Replies

Descriptions within Coordinate Geometry Editor

I've been using the COGOEditor in civil 3D 2012. I enter a description for each entry. The description does not get saved. If i open the traverse file using a text editor, enter a description, save it, then reopen in COGOEditor, I still dont see any descriptions.

Is there something im missing? is there a bug?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
gjrcmb
in reply to: George.Ball

Not previously familiar with the COGOEDITOR, but I can essentially confirm what you are describing.  I can enter the description for the traverse entries and save the traverse file, and then view the descriptions in the traverse file with Notepad.  But if I close and reopen the editor, then load the traverse file, the descriptions for each traverse do not get displayed.  So this does appear to be a problem, and if nobody else has an idea perhaps you want to make Autodesk aware of the issue.  I know that my observations do not really help, but just thought I would confirm your findings.

Message 3 of 7
machadt
in reply to: gjrcmb

Hi George,

You should be able to update the description information using the Survey Panorama Vista too.

Please send me your survey database and I will gladly take a look at it.

Tatiana Machado
AEC-ENI Application Engineer
Message 4 of 7
nmessina
in reply to: George.Ball

I can confirm this issue! It is very annoying and time consuming using the panorama vs old Land Desktop Companion Traverse/Sideshot Editors. In LDC use can quickly enter your starting point number ENTER, Angle ENTER, distance ENTER, description ENTER in seconds using your ten key pad. Unfortunately, the panorama does not automatically advance to the next column with an ENTER thus requiring users to take the mouse and click to the next column which is time consuming. Then to add to that often you will lose you description and auto point numbering does not work in survey data entry, as confirmed to me by Peter Funk.
Nicholas, Messina Jr., PSM
Message 5 of 7
machadt
in reply to: nmessina

It is confirm and we are working on it already, just to let you know

Tatiana Machado
AEC-ENI Application Engineer
Message 6 of 7
George.Ball
in reply to: machadt

Thanks for the replies.

I think it's a useful tool already, with descriptions it will be even better. It's easier to troubleshoot a traverse when you have descriptions to work with.

Looking forward to seeing it updated in the future.

Message 7 of 7
nmessina
in reply to: machadt

While Autodesk is working on the issue of losing Descriptions, please consider fixing the two other issues I spoke of in my previous post, being as Follows:

1.   Please facilitate rapid data entry (in the Panorama) by allowing the ENTER key advance to the next field so the users can enter Survey Observations just using the 10 key numberic pad just as in Land Desktop.

2.  Please fix Auto Point numbering when entering Observations.  This issue has been verbally confirmed by phone call per [CaseNo:06783674.]

Nicholas, Messina Jr., PSM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report