Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description Key Format

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
civman_daar
285 Views, 4 Replies

Description Key Format

I want to implement the following Key code: SAN10L

I have tried many codes to accomplish this: SAN*L, SAN##L, SAN?L.  The 10 in the code represents a number from 1-99. The "L"  is alphabetic.  I want to use the survey database to create linework.  I have everything setup, but cant get the code to work to generate the linework. See supplied key codes. Any Suggestions?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: civman_daar

Those are the description keys. They help with creating the points. To get linework you need to set up a "linework code set" and use a "survey database" to import the points. The database has settings that tell the import process to process the linework or not. This must be turned on.

Search help or Google for the terms in quotes.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
_Hathaway
in reply to: jmayo-EE

He will also need to setup a figure prefix library. There are a couple different methods to obtain line work, one requires use of the linework code while the other requires a FBK file. Much research and setup must be done on your end to determine which one works best for your company. It's not simple at first but once it's setup it works great.
Message 4 of 5
civman_daar
in reply to: _Hathaway

I don't think I explained my problem very well.  What I really needed is a compound description key.  I don't believe that can be done.  I wanted the SAN10L key to be SAN##@ or something like that.  The workaround is to have the SAN10L key rearranged as SANL10, then I can code it as SANL*.  I already had the prefix library styles setup. I just needed the coding work around.  Thanks to all who replied.

Message 5 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: civman_daar

Desc keys use a space to breakup the key. With these spaces you can rearange whatever you need. With SAN10L as a key C3D soes not see any componets in the code to breakdown and rearrange. C3D would work better with SAN 10 L

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report