Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description Key Format

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jtpatenaude7
357 Views, 3 Replies

Description Key Format

Is there any way to format a description key to display the following code

OAK 8 10 8 (a multi trunk oak tree) to show as OAK 8" 10" 8" 

I tired using $1" $2" $3" $4" $5" etc. but it shows up as 8" 10" 8"""", it still shows the extra " even though there is no value associated with it.  It would need to recognize anywhere from two to ten tree trunks.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Sinc
in reply to: jtpatenaude7

I guess the only question I have is why you even need to show this information...  Why need to show anything but the main trunk size?  Never seen anyone who wanted that.  And I'm in Colorado, where we have lots of Aspens that actually tie together at their roots, forming (potentially) huge networks of tress that are all tied together.

But I guess if it's important to you for some reason, I have no solution.  That's basically the way the DescKeys work, so I think you're stuck...

Sinc
Message 3 of 4
SurveyorLee

Hi

I usually just put the " mark on the first one and let the others go without.  I have toyed with leaving the " mark out all together and putting a note in the surveyor's notes that all tree dimensions are in inches.  One of the respondents asked why we put that information on the drawing. In the east, we have to show trunk diameters at breast height, and in some coastal areas, the shade radius too.  Oh, bty, breast height is defined as 42" above the highest ground point.  Then all of the replacement is based on removed trunk inches.

Lee

Message 4 of 4
m.kromm

You should review this  Tutorial: Adding User-Defined Properties to Points

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2012/ENU/filesCTU/GUID-6F9EFF4C-4D8F-478B-A246-3FCC3B14230-25.htm

We use the above method for creating multiple pipe inverts in Manholes and Inlets

/\/\ark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report