Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desc Key edit Civil 3D Not Responding

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
912 Views, 8 Replies

Desc Key edit Civil 3D Not Responding

I am using and created a dwg in civil 3D 201, when I am editing a description key set the file becomes nonresponsive. Also using Civil 3D 2011, I do not have the same problem when editing a desc key set created in a previous version. Civil 3D 2009.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CIVIL-SOUTH
in reply to: Anonymous

Exactly what are you attempting to do?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Oops -  misread the issue - deleting my response (I read as "ESC" key versus "Desc key"

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

I am attempting to change the Label Style for several description keys as well as the layers. In the dwg created in civil 3d 2011 after 1 or 2 edits it becomes non-responsive. I performed the same edit with no problems in a dwg created with civil 3d 2010.

Thank You

Message 5 of 9
CIVIL-SOUTH

I'm trying to duplicate the problem but I can't.  My guess is it's your drawing.  Try editing the DescKeys in a new drawing and let me know what happens.

Message 6 of 9
andrewpuller3811

You could try editing the description keys in a new clean drawing and then try and drag the description key set into the drawing you are having a problem with.

You could try the above but rename the desciption keyset in the clean drawing before you drag it in.

If that doesn't work, try the first option but delete the description keyset from your drawing you are having problems with before you drag the description keyset across from the clean drawing.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Thank You for the propmpt responce. After digging out of 12+ inches of snow and commuting 40 mies to work I think I found the problem. I was editing the description key set in the Panorama "Description Key editor" every time I us the Panorama the program becomes non-responsive and locks up. If I perform the desc. key edits directly in Toolspace I have no problems.

Problem method:

select

Toolspace / Settings / Desc keys / key set

right click key set select "Edit Keys"

Panorama view "desckey editor opens.

Dbl click desire Point label style

Point Label Style selection window opens

from pull down select new Style and OK.

At this point my machine locks up.

Method with no problem:

Toolspace / Settings / Desc keys / key set

Dbl click desire Point label style

Point Label Style selection window opens

from pull down select new Style and OK.

edits made and machine does not lock up.

Again Thank You

Message 8 of 9
CIVIL-SOUTH

Panorama is how I always edit my desckeys so it shouldn't lock up on you but if you found a work-around then party on!

Message 9 of 9
Brian1

Same thing happened to me.  I waited until the panorama came back to life (several minutes).  I found one of the description key definitions had the code field with no characters in it.  Did not think it was possible to create a key with no value as a code.  I deleted that key.   I also found that the Use drawing scale was set to YES for most DKs.  I set them all to NO.  Did a saveas and gave the file a new name.  Now the panorama is perky again.

Brian Morse

Win7 64

C3d 2012

Brian Morse
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2015
Win7 64

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report