Active Contributor
48 Posts
2 Kudos
Post 1 of 3
Accepted Solution

Depicting alignments on a section view

269 Views, 2 Replies
02-01-2012 05:13 AM

What is the best way to depict other alignments within a section view?  For example, I have several alignments that are left and right of the centerline alignment used to cut cross sections, and I would like to give the offset and elevation of where those alignments cross my section view.  I have tried projecting a polyline that is drawn on top of my alignment to my section view, but I get an error: "All objects in the pickfirst set were filtered out, please select again."

Thanks!!

Creating a Feature Line from your polylines and you can project those to the section views.

*Expert Elite*
1,397 Posts
169 Kudos
Post 2 of 3

Re: Depicting alignments on a section view

02-01-2012 06:25 AM in reply to: nloder

Creating a Feature Line from your polylines and you can project those to the section views.

If the issue was resolved by this method, please click on "Accept As Solution"
*Civil 3DJ*
Todd Rogers

Visit my blog here.

Active Contributor
48 Posts
2 Kudos
Post 3 of 3

Re: Depicting alignments on a section view

02-01-2012 06:32 AM in reply to: TRogers

Thanks.  That is precisely what I have done, and it seems to be working well.  One thing to add to the copious C3D wishlist:  add other intersecting alignments to multiple section views, dynamically linked to the alignment!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!