Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depicting alignments on a section view

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
nloder
1344 Views, 3 Replies

Depicting alignments on a section view

What is the best way to depict other alignments within a section view?  For example, I have several alignments that are left and right of the centerline alignment used to cut cross sections, and I would like to give the offset and elevation of where those alignments cross my section view.  I have tried projecting a polyline that is drawn on top of my alignment to my section view, but I get an error: "All objects in the pickfirst set were filtered out, please select again."

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: nloder

Creating a Feature Line from your polylines and you can project those to the section views.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 4
nloder
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thanks.  That is precisely what I have done, and it seems to be working well.  One thing to add to the copious C3D wishlist:  add other intersecting alignments to multiple section views, dynamically linked to the alignment!

Message 4 of 4
TKINCADE
in reply to: nloder

Something to check if all else fails is the Section View Style. Make sure the Grid at Profile Grade Points are set to visible. This held me up as the company template had it turned off. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report