Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete zero elevations from surface

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
yazzie91
6366 Views, 4 Replies

Delete zero elevations from surface

I am trying to meet a deadline (so i have to work superbowl sunday weekendSmiley Mad) and here's what happened.

I graded a commercial site with mostly feature lines. I added points where I needed them to get everything to work. After modifying my surface, I suddenly have zero elevations randomly throughout my site. They don't make any sense why they appear. Some are just added to my drawing and others are existing points that were changed to zero. I can go to a back up drawing from a few hours ago and redo some grading, but I would like to know if there is a way to just erase zero elevations from the surface. I remember LDD was able to create surfaces ignoring elevations below a set elevation. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Civil 3D 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: yazzie91

@yazzie91 wrote:

I remember LDD was able to create surfaces ignoring elevations below a set elevation. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Civil 3D 2013

C3D has this option as well in the Surface properties:

2-1-2013 7-50-00 PM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
Neilw_05

Being limited to a mixed 2D/3D environment is one of the banes of Autocad. Add to that the Site topology paradigm in C3D and we have the problems you describe.

What may have happened in your case is you have introduced some elements with zero elevation into your grading site. When you do that, any site objects that touch them will be pulled down to elevation zero at that point. You can set the surface model to ignore zero elevations but that may cause the surface to be inaccurate in those places. Ideally you'll want to correct the spikes.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 5
SurveyorLee

Depending on the size of your surface, you may be able to view the surface from the side.  Doing this will pull the zero tin lines way down.  You can then use the "edit Surface Point" to delete the surface points at the end of the lines.  That will take the points out permanently without leaving a hole in your surface.  IF you delete the tin lines, you may wind up with a hole in the surface.

Surveyor Lee

Message 5 of 5
brianchapmandesign
in reply to: Jeff_M

It appears Jeff you have the swamp and autodesk taken care of...they should hire you lol

"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report