Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete parcels

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
ksmart1975
2653 Views, 32 Replies

Delete parcels

I am having issues with phantom parcels. Doing a CrtlA command shows 827 parcels in my template that I would like to get rid of, but can't seem to delete. Anyone find a fix for this?

I've attached the drawing I am using for my template.

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33
IanMcClain
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I see them with ctrl+A. Would help if I re-read the OP 🙂

rl_jackson had the right idea: rebuild the template from scratch.

Ian McClain
Message 22 of 33
ksmart1975
in reply to: rl_jackson

And how does your company deal with survey figures? I know, different topic built into my original parcel rant, but I would like some help with this as well.

Right now, we're exploding them into 3D polylines and then using the FLATTEN command to give them 0 elevation and that also converts them into regular polylines that we can then use as alignments.

Anyone else figured out something better?
Message 23 of 33
rl_jackson
in reply to: ksmart1975

I leave them just as they are imported. I really don't worry them being 3D, They can get a little quirky on occasion when trying to dimension or draw a perpendicular line to them but I just leave them intact, this way, when I translate everything goes along for the ride.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 24 of 33
Joe-Bouza

First of all?
Harsh. No worries. I see now I didn't add to the discussion my oversight

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 25 of 33
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rl_jackson

I think you can avoid the flattening simply by assigning a style that puts all the geometry at elev 0.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 26 of 33
ksmart1975
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I'll try that. Any extra steps that I can take out from this process will make this easier for the masses.

Message 27 of 33
TerryDotson
in reply to: Jeff_M

Speaking of brute force, you can walk through the ObjectIds in modelspace, see the Sites (GUIDS) and even change their name.  Sadly Site.Erase returns eNotApplicable, all Get*Ids come up 0.

Did you make it any farther?

Message 28 of 33
Jeff_M
in reply to: TerryDotson

Not really, Terry. I ran it that same wall. I did find I could rename the first site to "Junk-1", actually, it said I renamed all of them to Junk-1 through Junk-826, but just that first one actually shows up in Prospector, which can then be deleted. No others would ever show up for removal.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 29 of 33
Anonymous

Looks like its still happening in 2016.. I think it actually comes from exploding parcels that had overlapping segments?

Either way its bloody annoying. Rebuilding drawing now.

Regards

Message 30 of 33
Chasethewind

Is there a solution to this issue yet.  I have 1002 parcels I cannot delete.  Tried everything!

-Cory

Message 31 of 33
Jeff_M
in reply to: Chasethewind

Message 32 of 33
ksmart1975

Just getting back to this post now, and that suggestion worked! Thank you for pointing that out Jeff!

Message 33 of 33
ksmart1975
in reply to: Chasethewind

Read Jeff's reply regarding deleting parcels. It involves AutoCAD and it worked for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report