Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete parcels

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
ksmart1975
2640 Views, 32 Replies

Delete parcels

I am having issues with phantom parcels. Doing a CrtlA command shows 827 parcels in my template that I would like to get rid of, but can't seem to delete. Anyone find a fix for this?

I've attached the drawing I am using for my template.

32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33

I pretty sure you cant delete parcels. I'd recreate that template

Message 3 of 33
pinwards
in reply to: ksmart1975

Can you delete the site that the parcels are in? Or create a temporary "site", move the parcels to it, then delete it.

#

Message 4 of 33
Pointdump

K,

That's a wierd one, alrighty. Yep, 827 parcels. But where are they? I can't find them. AUDIT shows no errors. Dunno.

puzzled-smiley-emoticon.gif confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 33

I thought about that, but then I don't think I could justify going through all of that for something that you can't see. We have a lot of styles set, and to copy all of them over to get rid of something that likely doesn't slow down the drawing.

Message 6 of 33
rl_jackson

If you don't get rid of them your most likely asking for trouble later on down the road. Parcels are a very quirky animal and they like to blow things up quick fast and in a hurry.

Start a new template from the OOTB Imperial and push your styles to it, then copy the layers and description keys using design center or drag and drop. Take all of about 10 minutes.

EDIT:

Just as a FYI you have a serious issue going on with your units under drawing setting. It's set to meters for zone and units and you have the distance set to international feet. If you started your template and you want meters for your units you MUST start with the metric template. This is proabably why your having issue with the template to begin with.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 33
Jay_B
in reply to: rl_jackson

@Anonymous wrote:

Start a new template from the OOTB Imperial and push your styles to it, then copy the layers and description keys using design center or drag and drop. Take all of about 10 minutes.

Theoretically it can be done in 10 minutes.

The OOTB C3D NCS dwt's have many residual layers & styles which need to be dealt with.

Import Styles Tool is a good start to Import custom styles into the new template.

I'm currently rebuilding several of our company dwt's, which are used by many offices / users, all relying on things working properly.

If you have a large custom template and wish to have the new one using exactly the same Object Layers, Ambient Settings, Feature Settings & Command Settings, then a comparison & review of all these items is necessary IMO.

Then a thorough test project is done with the new dwt's to weed out as many hiccups as possible.

This process takes days to a week here, even with the help of the very helpful 3rd party SincpPac-3D, which includes several useful template building features.

A side by side comparison of the Settings Tab reveals numerous items that don't come along for the ride in a quick dwt rebuild.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 8 of 33
Joe-Bouza

I'm right! You cannot delete parcels. You have to delete the segments
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?79470-Deleting-Parcels

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 33
ksmart1975
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

First of, no one said you were wrong. Second, if you actually downloaded the original drawing I posted, you would see there are no segments to delete. There is nothing visible in the drawing. I don't know much about parcels, but I do know about deleting something that's there.

Also, I am hoping that by posting this, someone at AutoCAD will notice that this is an issue that can be worked out for future releases. Especially when they're phantom objects!

Message 10 of 33
Jay_B

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 11 of 33
Jay_B

I looked at the file the other day and tried several Qselect "Parcel" category selections, the objects are found but can't be removed.

Also tried creating a New Site for "Move to Site" in hopes the Site could be deleted but that doesn't seem to help in this case either.

They do seem truly phantom.

How did they end up in the Template in the first place?

Likely stating the obvious here but if kept in a read only location the dwt can't be edited and stays clean.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 12 of 33
ksmart1975
in reply to: Jay_B

Not really sure wheere they came from. I started this template using a previous version, except that the previous version doesn't have these parcels in there. I've checked. Also, it would have only been me using this template, as it's been a work in progress for weeks. We only went "live" with it this week.

Message 13 of 33
jmayo-EE

I agree with the other posts. Rebuild this. IMO it's corrupt. You should be able to delete uncorrupted parcels by deleting the site. You can try to use Quick Select to select these parcels, move them to a new site and try deleting the site but I would bet this would fail. If you do not like the NCS template start with an R2012 acad.dwt template, import your styles and settings, confirm all drawing settings and comand settings.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 14 of 33
IanMcClain

Using 2014 sp2, not seeing any parcels in the attached drawing...

Ian McClain
Message 15 of 33
jmayo-EE
in reply to: IanMcClain

I haven't opened the file yet but did you use CTRL + A in model space?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 16 of 33
TerryDotson
in reply to: IanMcClain

With the PROPS dialog visible, do Ctrl+A (for select all).

Or issue the DBLIST  command.

Message 17 of 33
ksmart1975
in reply to: jmayo-EE

As I said in the original post, I did a Ctrl + A and I was able to select them. But, I can delete them.

Message 18 of 33
Jeff_M

These 'parcels' are actually phantom sites with random names enclosed in braces "{ABCDEF.....}". These are most often created when importing survey figures, IIRC. In the past 5, or so, years that I've seen these reported, I've been unable to find a way to get rid of them, including writing 'brute force' programs to do so.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 19 of 33
ksmart1975
in reply to: Jeff_M

That does help, as it is at least makes sense of where they came from. Yes, I am working with survey figures in our new template.

While I know I likely won't be able to get rid of them, that at least helps me understand why they are in my template. Thanks Jeff.

Message 20 of 33
rl_jackson

And this makes us wish that survey figures imported as featurelines instead 🙂

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report