Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Parcels from the drawing (site??)

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
MetroVancouverDrafting
2933 Views, 26 Replies

Delete Parcels from the drawing (site??)

Hello there,

I'm trying to clean up the drawing. I have erased everything, but there are still 20572 parcels somewhere in the drawing that I couldn't delete. I've tried vlisp and vba with no luck.

Any suggestions??

The file is too big to attach so use the link to download:

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=gc7fa8cfad767debc999194112b246751ba20bc3a8

Thanks

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
SidGariss
in reply to: sergey_f13

You're welcome. I am not sure why it didn't work but you should be good to go for now.

Take care.

Sid.

Message 22 of 27
manateejim
in reply to: sergey_f13

In 2016 service pack one or two they made a CLEARPHANTOMPARCELS command that will clean these up pretty easy.  With parcels at 50k or more it sometimes takes my computer about a half hour to get rid of them.  This command usually knocks down my drawing size about 60%.

Hope this helps you out.

-Jim

Message 23 of 27
SidGariss
in reply to: manateejim

Thanks Jim, I knew there was a new command for that but could not remember what it was called. I did a search online for it and sure enough there was no mention of it anywhere. I haven't had an opportunity to try it out since we cleaned out all our templates using the method posted earlier. I will have to give it a go if I come across any of those pesky parcels in the future.

Thanks again.

Sid.

Message 24 of 27
manateejim
in reply to: SidGariss

This command has been a life saver for me. We often get survey packed with these parcels. Hope this gets out to the masses

Message 25 of 27
ksmart1975
in reply to: SidGariss

Ahhh Sid, thank you so much! I just found this solution now, because I had created a similar thread almost three years ago with no answer, until someone hyperlinked your answer!

Message 26 of 27
SidGariss
in reply to: ksmart1975

I am glad it helped you out. I just wished that the workflow would have gotten to you sooner.

Sid.

Message 27 of 27
rkmcswain
in reply to: manateejim

@manateejim wrote:

In 2016 service pack one or two they made a CLEARPHANTOMPARCELS command that will clean these up pretty easy.  With parcels at 50k or more it sometimes takes my computer about a half hour to get rid of them.  This command usually knocks down my drawing size about 60%.

Are you saying you had 50,000 phantom parcels?

I had a drawing with 4,700 and cleaning them only dropped the file size by 10%.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report