Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete key doesn't work, Can't edit text

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
tm
32137 Views, 12 Replies

Delete key doesn't work, Can't edit text

Any ideas? I have to go up to cut and select the object to delete. Also when I click on text the edit dialogue box doesn't come up. I have to go to properties to edit.
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: tm

Make sure the Pickfirst system variable is set to

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Any
ideas? I have to go up to cut and select the object to delete. Also when I
click on text the edit dialogue box doesn't come up. I have to go to
properties to edit.
Message 3 of 13
tm

Thanks Jeff your awesome!
Message 4 of 13
stiedemann

I have had the same problem a couple of times already and the only way to remedy the situation is to completely uninstall and re-install Civil3D. My Problem started with not being able to edit text, then not being able to use the delete key, and then the right click options pop-up box becomes unusable. I have re-installed Civil 3D for the third time and now my text editing by double clicking the text is not working. Can anyone help on this before I have to re-install for a forth time???
Message 5 of 13
stiedemann

I have had the same problem a couple of times already and the only way to remedy the situation is to completely uninstall and re-install Civil3D. My Problem started with not being able to edit text, then not being able to use the delete key, and then the right click options pop-up box becomes unusable. I have re-installed Civil 3D for the third time and now my text editing by double clicking the text is not working. Can anyone help on this before I have to re-install for a forth time???
Message 6 of 13
tm

Check out Jeff's reply on my post. This worked like a charm for me. I have not had the problem again.
Message 7 of 13
stiedemann

I tried that PICKFIRST command which didn't work for the text editing but the DBLCLKEDIT command worked for that. I still can't figure out why the right click properties is not working, but i am on the hunt
Message 8 of 13
amgedgoga
in reply to: stiedemann

try "audit" and fix all, i think it will be usefull, i ahd same problem before

Message 9 of 13
peterchrien

PickFirst worked for me very well 🙂 thx

Message 10 of 13
meihum
in reply to: amgedgoga

audit worked for me - cheers
Message 11 of 13
drafting605
in reply to: Anonymous

Jeff Mishler, you're the freaking man!!! Thank you!!!

Quick question, how does this happen?...

Message 12 of 13
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: drafting605

usually happens due to a CAD crash.
Message 13 of 13
drafting605
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Thank you! I guess I am going to have to change it often lol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report