Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete all labels on a Feature Line

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Neilw_05
1998 Views, 11 Replies

Delete all labels on a Feature Line

Can anyone offer suggestions on how to delete all labels on a featureline? Ideally it would be great if we could just pick the line and have it's labels deleted. QSelect and Select Similar require too much interaction to be convenient.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
troma
in reply to: Neilw_05

What happens if you delete the feature line and OOPS it back?  I haven't tried it.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 12
Neilw_05
in reply to: troma

That's not good If the featureline is used for a grading or is a breakline in a surface. I expect this will require a custom tool. I wonder if anyone has developed one.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 4 of 12
jmayo-EE

One way is to select the FL and temporarily move it to an empty layer. Select the line and on label on the line. Isolate these two layers.

At first you will see all the labels on the same layer. Regen the display and only the labels on the FL are visible. Use L to R crossing windows to select the labels and erase.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
Jeff_M

@Neilw wrote:

I expect this will require a custom tool. I wonder if anyone has developed one.

I have now....don't forget to Unblock the zip file before extracting the dll. Use NETLOAD to load it into C3D, command name is REMOVELABELS. May work on many of the C3D labeled objects, tested on Featurelines and Surfaces. No warranty on what will happen if you select something else 🙂 I will do some more extensive testing at a later date, or, if someone wants to do so, I will provide the source code.

This is for C3D2013+ only.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 12
Neilw_05
in reply to: Jeff_M

Wow...that is really slick! It even warns you if there are no labels in the file that can be deleted.

What a handy tool. Nice job Jeff and thank you!

PS: Considering the name of the .dll, are there other commands included?

Follow up: I tried it on a surface thinking it would remove contour labels. It didn't, but I was surpised to find it had deleted all the spot elevation and slope labels. Better watch out with that one.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 7 of 12
Jeff_M

Thanks, Neil. I named the DLL thinking I may be throwing some quick little commands in there. Some I've posted in the past, and others I may see fit to add in the future. So it's more of a forward thinking name than meaning anything today.

Yes, selecting a surface will remove all of it's associated labels. I will have to see about the contour labels, I think these are of a different object type (a label group vs a label). 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 12
jmayo-EE

Very cool Jeff! Thanks a bunch.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
Neilw_05
in reply to: Jeff_M

I can't think of any scenario where I would want to globally delete all spot and slope labels, but deleting contour labels would come in handy in those cases where we have a bazillion little contour label lines scattered about.

By the way, a while back you made a tool to toggle off all masks in label styles. It is very useful when exporting to older versions of Autocad since the C3D export tool leaves them intact and makes a mess for the end user to clean up. That would be a good one to add to your tool set if you get around to building one.

You might consider making your tools available on the ACAD App. exchange. They're definitely worth a small fee.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 10 of 12
Joe-Bouza

select similar doesn't work for that?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 11 of 12
jmayo-EE

That will select everything on the layer so if there is more than one labeled FL on the layer all the labels will go. 😞

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Got it. Thanks

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report