Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

define variable in SAC problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Yonas89
689 Views, 8 Replies

define variable in SAC problem

hello, I am trying to create variable in Subassembly composer, however I do something wrong because the red exclamation mark is keeping to highlight. I try to set variable which would refer the angle according the slope given in input parameters. Please take a look at my pkt.file.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
doni49
in reply to: Yonas89

What version are you using?  I tried opening it in 2014 and got errors so I'm guessing 2015.

Take a screenshot show us the properties of the variable definition and maybe I can assist you.

Following is an image showing what I need to see.

DefineVarProps.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 9
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Also, I thought you might benefit from seeing a pkt file that successfully sets and uses a variable.

I used SAC 2012 to create the attached so that 2012 or any version higher can open it.  Then since you said you want to create an Angle variable that's based on a Slope input parameter, I created a Slope input parameter and defined a variable called Angle -- since I don't know what you're trying to accomplish, I just set the variable to be twice the value of the Slope parameter.  Then I created a point that references the Angle variable.

Rename the file with a pkt example when you download it.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 9
Yonas89

There it is: problem.PNG

Message 5 of 9
KMercier_C3D

IF(islt=1/1.5, 33.69,0)

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 6 of 9
Yonas89
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Thanks alot!

In adittion: Are there any reading material you would recommend which would explain that VB language for composer? 

Message 7 of 9
doni49

I see two issues.

DefineVarProps2.png

Don Ireland

Message 8 of 9
Yonas89

Thanks a lot Doni for your help. 

Message 9 of 9
Yonas89

hi again, 

I wanted to ask you one more question. For instance if I have defined two input parameters, lets say one is a double "A" and the other is grade "B".

I want to create variable which would include following equation: "B/100*A". How should I correctlyy write it down in SAC?

any ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report