Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Object Date dialog box not appearing in 2015

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1153 Views, 7 Replies

Define Object Date dialog box not appearing in 2015

Hi,

I use a lot of object data tables in my drawings.  I tried to add a object data table after I recently upgraded to 2015 Civil 3D and noticed right away that the Define Object Data dialog box no longer appears.  All I get is prompts on the command line.

I read on a forum that the variable CMDDIA needs to be set to 1.  But mine is already at 1.

Any ideas to fix this or I will have to return to 2014.

thanks

Jim

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

What command are you using to create/add the OD table?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

I use ADEDEFDATA which is the Define Object Data icon in the Map Setup ribbon.

Message 4 of 8
Murph_Map

Try  "_ADEDEFDATA"  with the underscore at the command line. Also do you have all the updates/SP installed? 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

Tried the underscore but still just opened up the command on the command line as individual prompts.

I'm not aware of any updates that Autocad has prompted me to upload.  This problem occured right out of the box.  If I go back to my 2014 version it still works correctly which is what I'm relegated to do now whenever I want to make or modify a object data table.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I checked with the 2 other co-workers who updated to 2015 with me and they have the same problem.

Message 7 of 8
david.zavislan

Civil 3D can't find the support files that define these Map command dialogs.  This can be fixed by adding "C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2015\map\support\en-us" (default installation location) to the support file search path in the AutoCAD OPTIONS command.   After adding this path, restart Civil 3D.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 8 of 8
randybucao-SCG

Thanks for this thread; it solves my  recent problem on MAP 3D 2024. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report