Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Sump Depth

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
alopezxvii
4409 Views, 20 Replies

Default Sump Depth

Autocad Civil 3D. In 2015 I set the Rule set for sump depth at 0 or 1ft but when I start a new network the sump depth equals 2 ft. I do not have this issue with 2014. Would appreciate the help

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Jay_B
in reply to: alopezxvii

Sounds like the Rules haven't been set on 2015 yet or possibly proper template not used?

Rules can be applied in, Settings Tab of Toolspace>Pipe Network>Parts Lists>Structures Tab>Rules>

Or in Pipe Network Command Settings

Settings Tab of Toolspace>Pipe Network>Commands>CreateNetwork>Default (and many other categories)

IMO, it's a better practice to set them in the Parts List as certain Rules apply to specific utilities and there's only one command settings group used by all Pipe Network types created.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 21
alopezxvii
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay,

I was not able to follow your instructions, on the first one I was not able to find rules, this is what I tried, under Parts list I have a "Sewer" Parts List you can see this in Parts List.JPG I right clicked on it and clicked edit and the Network Parts List dialog box came up (Network Part List.JPG) under Structures tab I could not find Rules, I right clicked some of the structures and nothing

And on the second suggestion under Edit Command Settings I did not know which default to choose and what to do next.

Message 4 of 21
Jay_B

@alopezxvii wrote:

Jay,

I was not able to follow your instructions, on the first one I was not able to find rules, this is what I tried, under Parts list I have a "Sewer" Parts List you can see this in Parts List.JPG I right clicked on it and clicked edit and the Network Parts List dialog box came up (Network Part List.JPG) under Structures tab I could not find Rules, I right clicked some of the structures and nothing

The Rule "Sewer" is set in this location shown in "Network Part List.jpg"

View / Edit the Sewer Rule Set to verify that that Set Sump Depth = 0.00 is set within that Rule.

Also this probably only applies to NEW structures and not structures already placed.

To apply the rules to structures already in the dwg, select the structures you wish to apply rule to

and Right click>Apply Rules>Sewer. (Assuming the 0.00 sump depth has been verified within the Rule.)

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 21
alopezxvii
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay,

I see it now, in that same JPG the rules are set to "Sewer" and in my sewer rules sump depth is 0 (Structure Rule Set - Sewer). I started a new pipe network and the manhole came up with a 2 ft sump (Structure Properties.JPG)

Message 6 of 21
rkmcswain

It's a known bug in 2015 related to this.

For a quick summary on how to solve it, go to  C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2015\enu and find the file C3DPipeNetworkRules.dll.

Rename it to something like C3DPipeNetworkRules.dll.ORIG.

Find the same file in a 2014 installation (C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2014\enu) and copy it to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2015\enu

Note that applying C3D 2015 SP2 breaks this fix and it must be performed again.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 21
bforr

I change my values in the part builder.  You can elect to show the sump value and/or change the value to 0.  And when you do, check the structure properties when you pick it in plan to edit and you should also be able to select 0 as floor thickness.

Message 8 of 21
alopezxvii
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thank you very much
Message 9 of 21
jmayo-EE

FYI SP3 breaks it too.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 10 of 21
alopezxvii
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks

Message 11 of 21
rkmcswain

jmayo wrote:

FYI SP3 breaks it too.

Please tell me you are joking.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 12 of 21
jmayo-EE

Oh I've got some good jokes but this is not one of them. 😮

We had it fixed and I just ran around to all of our machines and copied the dll. All the old ones we date stamped when SP3 was applied. Sumps now go to zero by default as we need for the m'skeeter prevention.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 13 of 21
AlanMain

Hi

I have tried the suggestions above, but still the sumps do not show zero in the profile.

Any other ideas plase?

Message 14 of 21
alopezxvii
in reply to: AlanMain

If you drew the structures before you changed the .dll, it will not apply. Try drawing new structures and see if it works. If it doesn't make sure you are using the .dll from Civil 3D 2014  

Message 15 of 21
AlanMain

Thanks,

I don't really want to redraw as its 2 systems with about 300 structures so might be a tad time consuming.

I have played around with the part builder and have managed to add pull-down dimensions (= 0.00, which by default these items do not have) to floor thickness and slab thickness. Floor thickness = 0.00 returns a structure that only has the top plane so does not hep at all.  Slab thickness = 0.00, has in instances, returned the sump = 0.00 level I was after. Will try repeat for all and see what happens.

Perhaps in future software revisions the default could be sump =0.00 which would make things a tad easier.

Message 16 of 21
bforr
in reply to: AlanMain

If the structure is in a pipe catalogue on your machine and you work with other cad users that may access your dwg don't forget to replace their pipe catalogue with yours so they can adjust your structures if necessary.

Message 17 of 21
cwr-pae
in reply to: bforr

C3D pipe networks need some method of applying rules to multiple parts simultaneously instead having to apply them to each individual part.

Message 18 of 21
OwenPro

The .dll fix also works for Civil 3D 2016. The fact that 2016 still needs fixing is ludicrous, but that's Autodesk for you. 

Message 19 of 21
Sarah.vanderWalt
in reply to: OwenPro

Is it possible that this is still a problem in 2018? my sump depths are defaulting to 3m and I am struggling to find a solution! (haven't tried the above but didn't want to try it if it's not required and could therefore make things worse)

Thanks,

Sarah

Message 20 of 21
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Sarah.vanderWalt

Should not be IMO. Are your rules set up for a zero sump?

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report