Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Structure Label Style Not Working

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
clemay
2095 Views, 4 Replies

Default Structure Label Style Not Working

I have a pipe network that I am working on and in my parts list I have my Structure Label Style Created.  But when I click on a structure that I have deleted the label previously and then right click and hoose "Add Label".  The label that it adds to the structure is not the one I have set in my Network Properties Dialog.  Can someone let me know how to correct this so when I choose a structure I have in my network and right click and choose "Add Label".  The label style is what I want it to be and not some other style that is in my list of styles?  I have placed a pic of my network properties to show my structure label style I have and what I want when I try to add a label to an existing structure in my network.

The issue is when I click on a structure and add label, it is a different style as shown below.  And I don't want to have to change the style from the one it defaults to if I don't have to every single time.

Please guide me in the right direction to set my default label style when I add a label.  Thanks.

C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600
Intel Xeon E5-1650 @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA QUADRO 4000 Dual Monitor
32 GB RAM / Win7 Pro 64-bit
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: clemay

The label being used by the Rt. Click Add Labels method is controlled by the Feature and or Command Settings for the "Pipe Network"

Settings.

Settings Tab of Toolspace>Pipe Network>Rt. Click>Edit Feature Settings>Default Styles>Structure Plan Label Style or Structure Profile Label Style.

They can also be set in the "Command Settings".

Alternatively if you like to choose as you label things which Style is applied then use the Annotate Tab>Add Labels>Pipe Network>"Add Pipe Network Labels"

(top selection) then you can decide which ones are to be applied without going into the Settings all the time if utility type changes etc.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: clemay

IIRC the default styles in the individual Pipe Network properties are only used when creating new objects. Otherwise the labeling style gets it's default setting from the General Pipe Network settings, which can be overridden for each of the Command settings for adding labels.

12-12-2013 9-52-51 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 5
clemay
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks a million. Got it working just as needed.  I just took a week course on C3D and that one slipped through the cracks.  The course book is like 3 inches thick.  So its a bit difficult to absorb everything until you actually start using it.  Thanks Again!

C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600
Message 5 of 5
clemay
in reply to: Jeff_M

Robot HappyThanks Jeff!  great information that I can apply across the board for styles and the way I want them to appear.  Much Appreciated!!!

C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report