AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Reply
*George Gerardo
Message 1 of 5 (1,075 Views)

Default Point & Label Styles

1075 Views, 4 Replies
08-06-2008 11:38 AM
I have created a point and label style but they are not default when I
create points; they come in on different styles. How do I make them the
current/default styles? Thanks!!
Distinguished Contributor
mjfarrell
Posts: 167
Registered: ‎02-01-2002
Message 2 of 5 (1,075 Views)

Re: Default Point & Label Styles

08-06-2008 12:01 PM in reply to: *George Gerardo
The tutorial here http://www.primeservicesglobal.com/tutorials/Points.zip will show you how set up your description keys so that imported points assume the proper style.

And or you must go the Settings Tab, and be sure to find the Points collection, the Rt-Click on it and adjust the Feature Settings, you can set the default styles and description key set to use there.
Or you may do this under the Create Points command Settings.
*George Gerardo
Message 3 of 5 (1,075 Views)

Re: Default Point & Label Styles

08-06-2008 12:32 PM in reply to: *George Gerardo
The Description Key Sets is only for importing points or field books;
correct? I had already changed the Feature Settings under the Point
Collection to default to my styles prior to posting, but no luck. this is
what I have set and the points still come in w/o a point or label style???



"mjfarrell" wrote in message news:6000064@discussion.autodesk.com...
> The tutorial here http://www.primeservicesglobal.com/tutorials/Points.zip
> will show you how set up your description keys so that imported points
> assume the proper style.
>
> And or you must go the Settings Tab, and be sure to find the Points
> collection, the Rt-Click on it and adjust the Feature Settings, you can
> set the default styles and description key set to use there.
> Or you may do this under the Create Points command Settings.
>
Distinguished Contributor
mjfarrell
Posts: 167
Registered: ‎02-01-2002
Message 4 of 5 (1,075 Views)

Re: Default Point & Label Styles

08-06-2008 12:44 PM in reply to: *George Gerardo
Not Exactly; because the default is to use the description key set.
Issue the Create Points command and look at your command settings that are currently influencing the points by expanding the toolbar, by clicking on those Arrows on the Right Side, see attached image.
You must set this setting to false if you do not want to use a description key set.
You should also set you desired default point style and default label style.
Not you MUST have the Label component enabled in your Point Style or you will never see your Labels no matter what style you give them. This is all in the video I linked for you, it free to watch and nothing to sign in to get.
*George Gerardo
Message 5 of 5 (1,075 Views)

Re: Default Point & Label Styles

08-06-2008 01:09 PM in reply to: *George Gerardo
Thanks!!! Setting the disable descriptor keys to true did the trick. I
will download the file you recommended later and check out the tutorial.

"mjfarrell" wrote in message news:6000159@discussion.autodesk.com...
> Not Exactly; because the default is to use the description key set.
> Issue the Create Points command and look at your command settings that are
> currently influencing the points by expanding the toolbar, by clicking on
> those Arrows on the Right Side, see attached image.
> You must set this setting to false if you do not want to use a description
> key set.
> You should also set you desired default point style and default label styl
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.