Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Line Label Insertion Location + Functionality

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sgoodall
482 Views, 5 Replies

Default Line Label Insertion Location + Functionality

Hello,

I am in the process of creating bearing and distance line label styles for our company. What I would like to do is to have the bearing and distance line labels insert automatically centered on the line AND have the ability to drag the labels elsewhere. The options I see for the anchor point in the Layout Tab of the Style Label Composer are "Label Location" which seems to insert the line label where you click on the line, and "start" "middle" and "end" which insert the line label at the start, middle and end of the line but does not give you the option of sliding the label around the line. Is there a way that I can get the functionality of the sliding line label (like when I select the "Label Location" anchor point in the style) AND have the label insert in the middle of the line automatically? Thanks.

Scott Goodall

AutoCAD 2009

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: sgoodall

If you set Dragged State to As Composed, you can set Middle as the insertion point, but still move the label as you please (if you please to keep its existing rotation.)

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
sgoodall

Thank you Tim,

I have changed the Anchor Point to "Middle" and the Dragged State to "As Composed." However, the bearing and distance line label still sticks in the middle regardeless of where the diamond slide label is moved to. The dragged state square label produces a leader when dragged, but the bearing and distance line label still sticks in the middle of the line. Am I missing something or do you have any other suggestions? I attached a picture of what is happening. Thanks Tim.

Scott Goodall

C3D 2009

Message 4 of 6
tcorey

If you care to post a drawing and tell me the name of the label style to inspect, I will gladly take a look for you.

.dwg files will not attach here, so rename it .txt before you post the file.

Definitely one thing I would do is turn off the leader display in dragged state.

Regarding the grips, using this solution you will be forced to use the square grip, as the diamond grip, like you have already stated,  will not affect a label placed at middle, end or start.

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 5 of 6
sgoodall
in reply to: tcorey

Thank you Tim,

I have attached the file. The trouble label is front and center. Thanks again.

Scott

Message 6 of 6
tcorey

Hello Scott,

Set the label component's Anchor Point to Label Location.

When you place the label, use the Multiple Segments option, even if you're labeling only one line. The labels will not be placed where you select the line as they are when you use Single Segment; they will be centered on the line. The square grip will now allow a Dragged State of As Composed to move along the line.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report