Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylighting Subassembly

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
abetancur
618 Views, 3 Replies

Daylighting Subassembly

Hi,

I'm new at building corridors in C3D.  Now I'm building an assembly but I'm having trouble finishing it.  I need a v-shaped roadside swale the slopes 4:1 from the shoulder down 2' deep, then slopes back to match the existing surface. 

I'm not sure which of the "out-of-the-box" subassembly to use, if there is one that can work for this, or if I can make a custom subassembly.  The slope back up can vary as long as it stays within 6' which is how much room I hav left in the ROW

Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Thanks

Attached is an image of the cross section I'm working with 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
miked
in reply to: abetancur

If the 2' deepth is constant you could use the Generic sub-assembly LinkSlope And VerticalDeflection

set the side you want, set slope to 25% and Vertical Deflection to -2'

for the slope to daylight use the LinkWidthAndSlope.

This sub-assembly can use a polyline or a 3D polyline as a target overide

To Control the daylight create a polyline where you want the ditch to day light.

NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil3D 2012 64x
Message 3 of 4
abetancur
in reply to: miked

Thank you miked,

The 2' depth is constant so that will help.  The problem with the daylighting side is that I just want it to daylight where it meets the existing surface.  So I can't have an exact polyline because that daylight point varies.

Message 4 of 4
abetancur
in reply to: miked

Just as an update:

I used the LinkSlope And VerticalDeflection subassembly miked recommended, then I used the DaylightMaxWidth subassembly to match the existing surface.  I set the slope and the max width of 6' and this worked perfectly for what I needed.

Thanks for the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report