Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight to ROW Target Mapping

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
coloeng
581 Views, 4 Replies

Daylight to ROW Target Mapping

I have an assemly created to daylight to a ROW, the horizontal offset target is set to to a feature line but the slope daylights to the existing surface and I want it to connect to a proposed roadway surface in a separate corridor. When I try to select the proposed roadway surface in the target mapping it doesn't add it to the list of available surfaces.

Maybe there is another assembly that would work better? The end results is to connect a slope from the edge of one corridor to daylight to a separate roadway corridor shoulder alighnment and elevation.

Thanks, Shannon

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: coloeng

Not that I think this is the best way to go, but, if you create a detached surface from your secondary road corridor, will the target mapping allow you to choose the detached surface (rather than just OG)?

Seems to me that (I have not run into this specific situation), you might not be able to target another corridor's dynamic surfaces.

Message 3 of 5
mathewkol

You should be able to select any surface in the drawing...EXCEPT if that surface is a corridor surface defined within the same corridor you're working on.  For example, if you have "CORRIDOR-1" which may have several baselines, and you have some surfaces defined.  If you're working on baseline 1, you cannot daylight to a surface defined in baseline 2.  They need to be 2 disticnt corridors.

I suspect this is your problem.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 5
coloeng
in reply to: mathewkol

I'm an trying to target a corridor surface in a completely separate corridor. I went through most of the assemblys and couldn't get it to work. I couldn't figure out the marked point assemblies. not sure if that would be a good solution or not.   I ended up outputting feature lines of the edges of pavement and the cut lines and creating a new surface. Not ideal, but it worked.

Message 5 of 5
mathewkol

If the drawing is small enough, attach it.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report