Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daylight subassembly

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cloquet
267 Views, 7 Replies

daylight subassembly

I have a proposed road and want a specified slope to go from the edge of road to connect to the existing ground?

You were able to do it in Land desktop using the connection point out and the slope control dialog box.

I'm thinking you can do it with mark points and some daylight subassembly, but can't figure it out to show on my xsections? Help would be greatly appreciated?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mwright
in reply to: cloquet

cloquet,

what do you want to see in your cross sections? Slope Labels for the Daylight Line or Spot Elevation Labels for the Daylight Catch point?

In either case, you can obtain what you are looking for thru editing the Code Set and adding a label style to the link or point component you wish the label.

Matt Wright
PacifiCAD Inc
mwright#pacificad.com
Message 3 of 8
cloquet

i want it to show the proposed grade line from the back of curb to where it meets the existing ground at a certain slope.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

So all you need is the daylight line?

There are many daylight subassemblies included with Civil 3D. Any of them
will do the trick, some do more than you need. Try the
DaylightMultiIntercept. It's a very basic one.

Matt
Message 5 of 8
cloquet

I tried that and it draws a slop on the assembly, but doesn't show up on the cross sections?

What i have is two basic lanes and then i put the daylight multiple intercept off the sides of the lanes, but i can't seem to get them to come in on the cross sections? Is there a step that i missed when creating the assembly?
Message 6 of 8
tscheevel

For a simple slope to existing ground, "LinkSlopeToSurface" may be the simplest option.
Message 7 of 8
tscheevel

Did you set the targets in the "Corridor Properties" "Parameters" tab?
Message 8 of 8
cloquet

THAT WAS IT!!!!
Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report