Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight general - fill priority over cut

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2242 Views, 8 Replies

Daylight general - fill priority over cut

Hi

See attached screenshot from Corridor section editor. I am using the Daylight General Subassembly.

I would like the fill to take priority in the situation on the right hand side. The vertical depth of the ditch is 1m. If the surface is above 1m I would like a simple fill to this rather than the cut+ditch. This is very easy to do in Bentley´s Inroads, so I´m sure it can be done in civil as well. Any help much appreciated, I´ve been scratching my head for quite a while, much to the disgust of our customer were he to find out I´m sure.

Civil 3d 2010, win 7 64 bit

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sboon
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like you need to change the cut test point.  If you move it to the end of the first link then it would draw the ditch foreslope down to 1m then decide what to do.  Check the help file for this sub for more details.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

Thanks a lot for the reply Steve. I´ve read the help file for the test points etc. I have my test point set to 1, see attached pic for the parameters of this sub. It still inputs the ditch. From what I can gather from the help file it should work as you suggest but it doesn´t.  I wonder why.

Message 4 of 9
sboon

Two things that I noticed.

Your current settings would build a ditch at 0.7m deep instead of 1.0m

Your parameters for slope look to be inverted.  It looks like you've entered rise:run.  Here's what I am using.

Clipboard01.jpg

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. 1m is the ditch depth from edge of shoulder, sorry for the confusion. 0,7m is the correct dept for the daylight sub. We are obviously using different sign conventions, but anyway, from the pic in my original post I know that this is the type of shape I want, so unfortunately the signs and conventions don´t solve my problem.

Message 6 of 9
sboon

Can you post the drawing?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Attached is the dwg-file. Also attached is a pic of what I would like at st. 1775 rather than the right hand side ditch I can´t seem to get a rid of. Thanks for the support.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Try this: set your first slope to 0.0001m @ -2:1 second slope to 1.4m @-2:1. Since your test point is pretty much your shoulder, it wont put the drain in.

Pics attached.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks a lot mate, this works fine for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report