Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datum Surface Behavior for Assembly OverlayWidenWithSuper

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
torpedo99
1514 Views, 4 Replies

Datum Surface Behavior for Assembly OverlayWidenWithSuper

I'm using subject assembly on both sides of a roadway.  The datum surface for this assembly in my arrangement connects P4 on the right side to P12 on the left, which will not work for surfacing quantities.  Shouldn't it connect P4 right to P2 right to P2 left to P4 left (and so forth)?

I've got bottom links set for the datum surface, also nonzero entries for all assembly surfacing depths.

What could it be?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
torpedo99
in reply to: torpedo99

Additional info to clarify problem:  attached graphic showing datum surface connecting the dots incorrectly,

so cut quantity is blown

Message 3 of 5
david.zavislan
in reply to: torpedo99

I will suggetst a couple of things to try...

First, set the corridor surface overhang correction to bottom links.  This is done on the Surfaces tab of the Corridor Properties dialog.

OverhangCorrection.jpg

I have not used the specific subassembly in a while, so I'm not sure if the overhang correction will work.  If it doesn't, the second thing I would suggest is to add feature line data to the surface.  Add the feature line codes that are assigned to the P2 and P4 points on that subassembly.  If it does not have point codes at those location, try adding marked points to the assembly. 

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 4 of 5
torpedo99
in reply to: david.zavislan

It would appear the problem stems from the subassembly L2 link code is "Overlay".  Unless I'm missing something if the link code were set to "Overlay,Datum" the problem would be handled.

Some of the subassemblies have easy access to link codes, e.g. the generics, but the overlay ones don't appear to.  I looked at the Autodesk instructions for modifying a .codes file but it's cryptic for the un-informed.

Message 5 of 5
torpedo99
in reply to: david.zavislan

here's the solution previously posted by yee-fan

I'm in C3D 2008 and struggled with this same issue. I finally figured it out- it was because this subassembly uses the link "Overlay" for the bottom of the overlay section, and not datum. All you need to do is include the link "Overlay" as well as "Datum" when creating the datum surface.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report