Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data shortcuts = xml = not always visible

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
annw2
127 Views, 0 Replies

Data shortcuts = xml = not always visible

Help!

I am trying to learn 3d - 2007. Only person in office to use, so I attempted to create a data shortcut to allow sharing of an exisitng tin model from one drawing to another. I got it to work in one drawing with many proposed centerlines a couple months ago. The job got completely reconfigured so I started a second file with all the new centerlines. Just as poly lines so far. I wanted to strip existing grade profiles so attempted to inport the same data shortcut that I used in the previous file. I did General Edit inport and couldn't find shortcut in project directory. I did a search for all *.xml from beginning of year. No xml files found.

I went back to the file of existing ground. I couldn't find tin at first. Did a thaw all & found it. I then re-exported the shortcut. xml file in directory. I went to my new proposed file & did a General Data shortcut inport. Could find the new short cut and inserted into drawing. It says it inported under General Data Shortcut, but no surface shown under surfaces.

I went back to original proposed centerline file. The existing tin is there with apparently the same name as the new file under Data shortcuts. It also shows up under the list of surfaces as xml.

The new xml file shows with Explorer, but not the old one.

I did do a save back to 2004 after working on the original file as drafters use 2004.

Will try calling reseller tomorrow, but does anyone have any ideas?
Ann Wingert, P.E.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report