Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcuts Setting Working Folder after Upgrade

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
MJCE001
675 Views, 4 Replies

Data Shortcuts Setting Working Folder after Upgrade

Background:

I have been working remotely through a vpn for the last year with no problems. All files are saved on the main server and I have full permission to the project folder. There is 1 working folder (Civil 3D Projects) that contains all the project folders for the data shortcuts. 

Problem:

I just upgraded to C3D 2015. I can open files over the vpn - no problem. However, when I go to set my working folder, the option for the network is not there. I still have C3D 2014 installed. Opened the drawing there and the working folder is set to the network just fine. 

Am I missing a setting in 2015?

Thanks!

Tara

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: MJCE001

What does your file structure path look like to the \_Shortcuts folder\ ?

In 2014 where things are working properly, what is the "Set Data Shortcuts Project Folder" set to and what is the "Working Folder" set to?

Are the above both set to exact same folder locations in 2015?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
MJCE001
in reply to: Jay_B

Thank you for the response!

The path:     \\driley_wks\MJCE PROJECTS 01\Civil 3D Projects\75040-0001-Garvon Commercial\_Shortcuts

In 2014, the Working Folder is set to "Civil 3D Projects" and the Project Folder is "75040-0001-Garvon Commercial"

Problem in 2015, is when I browse for the Working Folder, the \\driley_wks isn't even there. For some reason it's not recognizing this network. 

-Tara

Message 4 of 5
MarySeufert
in reply to: MJCE001

Have you tried using a different internet browser to VPN in?

Do you the ability to remote desktop to your workstation? If yes, does it have the same problem?

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 5 of 5
MJCE001
in reply to: MarySeufert

Thank you! I switched to Internet Explorer and it fixed the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report