Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcuts-Profiles

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
774 Views, 8 Replies

Data Shortcuts-Profiles

Hi All:

I have a problem with Data Shortcuts in regards to profiles.

1. I have my surfaces, alignments and profiles data shortcuted in.

2. when i data shortcut the profiles(like Alignment having profiles of Centreline, ROW right side and left side, grading profile....), few of the profiles get displayed and few of them do not get displayed.

I have checked the xml files of profiles in my data shortcut folder, they exist there.

when i data shortcut, the wizard appears and when i go and see them in my prospector-alignment-profile-- I am not able to see them.

Please help me out in this. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Reddy

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

What version and SP of Civil 3D?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 9
nilesh33

You can try Validate Data shortcuts. It may help you. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

The update version is SP3.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: nilesh33

I tried evrything like validate and synchronise data shortcuts.

Message 6 of 9
sboon

Just to confirm - you can successfully create a reference to all of the source profiles, but some of them do not display in the appropriate profile views - correct?

If you open the Properties dialog for the one of the problem profiles and switch to the Profile Data tab is there anything in the Station and Elevation fields?  Are the values within the expected range?

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

yes, you are absolutely correct.

when i create shortcuts to my other drawing, i donot see profiles in my profiles data tab. Like, out 5 data shortcuts i do in my other drawing, only 3 of them will showup, other 2 will not show in profile data tab. (i know what you meant by, if elevations are too low, then they will not show up in the profile grid. But here that is not the case)

Thanks

reddy

Message 8 of 9
david.zavislan

Couple of items to watch out for with data referencing profiles.

Are your alignments and profiles in the same drawing?   It works best if the original profile is in the same drawing as the alignment.  Both alignment and its profiles should have data shortcuts created from the same file.

How did you create your alignments?  I have seen problems with profile data shortcuts if some of the alignments were created by using SAVEAS command to create copies of the drawing, and then renaming the alignments.  If this was done, some of the alignments will have the same handle which causes problems when data referencing the profiles.  This can be fixed in Prospector by copying the alignment to a site, deleting the original and then moving the copy back to the original alignment or site location.  This will create a new alignment object with a new handle.  Recreate the data shortcuts after fixing the alignments.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: david.zavislan

The alignments and profiles are in different drawings because we are working on a big-subdivision and we want the profiles to be created by multiple users.

I didnot use any "saveas" for copying alignments and editing.

One more thing i noticed is, the profiles of one alignment are refering to different alignment.

ex: if i have alignment 1 with profiles a, b,c,d; when i data shortcut profiles c,d to other drawing,the source drawing it refers to other alignmnets.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report