Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcuts limitations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rbastiaans
424 Views, 2 Replies

Data Shortcuts limitations

Hi,

We are using a dynamic workflow where we can target out subassemblies to edge of travelways designed in third party software.

We use the 3d polylines created in the third party software and wrote a tool which creates an alignement and a profile automaticly from the 3d data of the polyline. We can create data ahortcuts of the alignments and profiles, so when the 3d polylines are updated all we have to do is use the tool again en update the data shortcuts. That way we don't have to set all targets again.

Now all works perfectly fine untill we reach about 100 data shortcuts in one project folder, at that point Civil 3D gets confused and will randomly not show vertical alignments in civil 3d anymore while the xml file exists in the folder structure.

Is this a known issue?

Remco

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doni49
in reply to: rbastiaans

This does sound like a bug and although I wasn't able to find anything that says it's a "known issue", that doesn't mean that it's NOT one.

I can't tell you how often (if at all) it's been reported to them. But if nobody reports it (such as assuming that someone else already has), then they'll never know about it -- and the more people who DO report it, the more chance it'll get fixed/added.

Bug reports/feature requests can be sent at the following address.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

And if you're on subscription, I'd also open a support ticket reporting the bug/feature request that way too.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 3
david.zavislan
in reply to: rbastiaans

I have seen something similar when new alignments and profiles were created by using a SAVEAS on an existing alignment drawing file.  After creating the new file, the alignment and profiles were renamed.  The problem with this was that the new alignment and profiles will have the same handles as in the original file, and data shortcuts use entity handles to identify source data.

If this happens, you may be able to fix it by editing the data shortcuts' "Use to match" property to "Name only".  This can be done with the Data Shortcuts Editor program.  It is located in the Civil 3D program folder in the Windows Start menu.

2014-08-20_8-25-08.png

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report