Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcuts - Alignments

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
trynders
719 Views, 5 Replies

Data Shortcuts - Alignments

I cant get this one.  I have created an aligmnent in a drawing and created a shortcut.  When I data shortcut that alignment into drawing "A", its all good.  Alignment starts at station 10+00.  When I do the same data shortcut into drawing "B" the alignment is starting at station 0+83.33.  Why?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: trynders

I'm guessing one of the drawings units is inches and the other is in feet. the difference in the two stations is 1/12.
Message 3 of 6
trynders

Thats what I thought.  These drawings were done out of house for starters.  The alignment drawing is set to decimals with insertion scale at inches.  the drawing that works is set to the same.  and so is the one that isn't working.  They are all set to the same, so I don't get it???

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

next place i would look is in the civil 3d unit settings or the actual style display itself.
Message 5 of 6
trynders

Perfect.  Thanks so much.  You are correct.  It was the drawing settings under the settings tab in the prospector.  One was inches and on was feet.

you can take the rest of the day off...

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

sounds good, maybe I will go golfing 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report