Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcut Project Folder Name in File Name Incorrect

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
LeafRiders
1226 Views, 9 Replies

Data Shortcut Project Folder Name in File Name Incorrect

At the top of the screen my drawing file name shows [INCORRECT] beside the drawing name. It doesn't show "Incorrect" just incorrectly... You get the point. This file name is usually helpful to highlight the data shortcut project folder name. The one at the very top of your Session.

No matter what I do to change it, nothing will change it. I realize I copied a file from that folder way back in the process but why shouldn't I be able to reset this in the Datashortcut portion of the prospector and have it update? Thoughts?  This AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 bug is really going to confuse the issue at some point.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
doni49
in reply to: LeafRiders

I'm having trouble visualizing what you're describing.  How about a screenshot (edited in a picture editor to highlight the issue(s))?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 10
LeafRiders
in reply to: doni49

The text in the File Name.dwg [ ___ ] - the ____ indicates the data shortcut project folder name. Whatever I try to do this won't update or save with the appropriate drawing. Thinking of deleting the xml file saved in the Data Shortcut file but I'd rather not blow this up.  (See attachement)

Message 4 of 10
doni49

I guess that's why I'm at a loss.  I don't have that here.  I'm on C3D 2014 SP2.

ShortcutsInfo.png

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 10
doni49

Is there some sort of add-in running that adds the shortcut folder to the title bar?  If so, the add-in might need some work.

Don Ireland

Message 6 of 10
Cadguru42

@doni49 wrote:

Is there some sort of add-in running that adds the shortcut folder to the title bar?  If so, the add-in might need some work.

It's not an add-on. I have that on my installation whenever I open a drawing that's associated with a project. 

title_bar_screenshot.png

To LeafRiders: Did you try reassociating the drawing to the current project? 

project_association.png

Or is the title of the project wrong?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 7 of 10
doni49
in reply to: Cadguru42

Ok.  That makes sense now.  I just never noticed that up there.

I was able to reproduce your issue.  Then to get around it, I had to use the Associate Project to Current Drawing option and select <none> as the project.  Then do it again choosing the correct project.  Once I did that, the label above changed.

Don Ireland

Message 8 of 10
doni49

I just did another test.  I closed acad, renamed the project folder.  When I reopened the file, it already showed the correct project name at the top.  I didn't have to reassociate the file to the project.

Don Ireland

Message 9 of 10
LeafRiders

Thanks guys for the talk, but this doesn't give any indication for a solution. I can reassociate a project as many times as I want it will not change the file shown in [___]. I can't rename a folder that is set for another pile of data shortcuts.

I would like to know what file isn't working properly for this data shortcut. Is it the xmas file or something else? I have other project folders for other drawings and the work fine. If i need to redo the data shorts there is no guarantee it will work and that is a lot of rework.

Message 10 of 10
jduncan76

I just encountered your issue, albeit years later.  My guess is that Autodesk keeps changing the way that the "ShortcutsHistory.xml" file works in each new version of C3D.  I found that if you open this file, you will see a variety of different information, depending on which version of C3D the project was created.

Close C3D, then open the "ShortcutsHistory.xml" files (found through Windows Explorer under your project's "_Shortcuts" directory) for both the project in which you are working, and the project to which it is incorrectly referencing in the title bar [xxxxx].  I'm guessing they will have the same project info in them.  You can delete this file without recourse.  Once this file is deleted, also check to see if the data shortcuts themselves make sense (ie: the files under "Alignments" "Corridors" etc.).  The data shortcuts from both of the affected projects may be mixed in with each other. You may need to move the misplaced files into their respective project's shortcut folder(s).  Now open the drawing to which you've been having the subject problem, and "Set Data Shortcuts Project Folder".

I'm not sure how this happens, as I did not create either of the projects to which I have encountered this problem, but this fixed it for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report