Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcut Problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
KW-EGA
214 Views, 4 Replies

Data Shortcut Problems

I am having problems importing data shortcuts of alignments. I have a source drawing with about 15 - 20 CL road alignments with profiles, corridors, and surfaces. I was able to create and export the data shortcuts to a xml file.

At first I tried to import the xml filie with 15 alignments into another file. When I did this the progress would reach about 20% and then Civil 3D would suddenly close without error message.

I then made several data shortcut files with one alignment per file. I was then able to import the file, but when I try to create a reference either Civil 3D would close or I would get a fatal error that would display "Modeling Error Free Store Overflow" on the command line.

I tried a saving the source file under a different name and alos tried the same procedure on another computer: both with the same results.

I am using Civil 3D 2007 SP3 without Vault.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
peter_thomson
in reply to: KW-EGA

Audit everything first and try again.

PT
Message 3 of 5
KW-EGA

I audited both files. I also tried importing the alignments into an "empty" file with the same result.
Message 4 of 5

Check to make sure you don't have pvi's in the same location along the alignment (zero length segments).
Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 5 of 5
KW-EGA

Thanks for the reply,

I am reviewing the alignments geometry in the panaroma and don't see anything unusual. It doesn't seem that any particular alignment is causing the problem. I also had the same error message when I tried to reference profiles from the same drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report