Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcut File Names with Multiple DS references

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
LeafRiders
266 Views, 2 Replies

Data Shortcut File Names with Multiple DS references

I have a data shortcut file where i keep my EG surface that now has File Name.dwg [DS] [DS] [DS] [DS]. What's the deal? Has this managed to morph itself into something it's not. It used to have only one, had two for awhile, and now 4 references to the DS (Datashort cut project folder).

Have I done something wrong here to get these wonky file names, would be nice to see just 1 reference being made to my DS Project folder. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
troma
in reply to: LeafRiders

Do you see  this in windows explorer or in the title bar when you open the drawing?

Do you use one working folder with multiple project folders inside?  Or multiple projects in one project folder?

Are any other drawings in the project affected?

Sorry, I've nothing to offer in the way of help really.  I just want to know what's going on!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 3
LeafRiders
in reply to: troma

Valid Questions: Knowing what's happening here in detail might lead to a resolution, so thanks!

Do you see  this in windows explorer or in the title bar when you open the drawing?

I see this in my main design file. Where i have added the main EG surface to this file by Data Shortcut.

Do you use one working folder with multiple project folders inside?  Or multiple projects in one project folder?

This is specific to 1 project, with 1 DS project folder assigned to the entire directory "Design".

Are any other drawings in the project affected?

This is just seen in the name at the top of the CIvil 3D session. DWG names don't change. I've seen one other .dwg file with two [DS] names attached to it, but other than than the Surface.dwg file only has the one [DS] reference behind it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report