Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcut Error 2011.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
MikeEvansUK
2688 Views, 19 Replies

Data Shortcut Error 2011.

Occasionally I get the following message when trying to add data shortcuts.

"The drawing has not been saved yet, please save the drawing before creating data shortcuts" Only I have saved, this still occurs after either a full or quick save.

Shutdown Civil and reopen still gives the same message..

The problem seems to be when you are saving to any other version of Autocad than R2010. Save as R2010 and it works.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Mike,

We have a flag in C3D that checks to make a full save is the last step
before creating shortcuts. This was implemented in an effort to thwart
the issue where a user would share a newly created object then exit
without saving the file. This would then lead to a DS that pointed to a
non-existent drawing. It seems that this flag requires a full 2010 save
to clear.

If you want to see this changed, I'd suggest filing a support request,
and we can see how many folks are having issues with it.
--
James Wedding, P.E.
Message 3 of 20
rogercrandy
in reply to: Anonymous

I get the same error, even when I am saving to 2010. "The drawing has not been saved yet. Please save the current drawing before creating data shortcuts."  I have closed out of Civil 3D, rebooted, saved immediately before trying to create a data shortcut and still cannot create a data shortcut.  I am running Civil 3D 2011, Windows 7, 64-bit.  This happens only on some drawings and I have yet to find out why.

James, you talk about a "full save".  what exactly is a "full save"?

Roger

Message 4 of 20
anniesball72

I am running 2011 X64 on a Win 7 machine also. I am having this problem and cannot figure it out. I have also done the above metioned steps with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 20
kissy10

Has anyone discovered a fix for this issue yet??? 

Message 6 of 20
LyleHardin
in reply to: kissy10

I'm looking for a solution too.

I perform a save, even a .save or a .qsave then try to make a data short cut with no luck. I get the afformentioned error.

My Incremental Save Percentage is set to 0.

I get the error even when I freshly open the drawing.

I have noticed the file is saving to a *.tmp file first, but have read that large drawings will do that.

The .dwg file is updating it's time attributes on the network.

Message 7 of 20
annw2

Could it possibly be related to the working directory setting?  Since I hadn't figured out the attach drawing to project, some of my files lose the link to the directory & I need to reassociate every now & then.

I haven't hit this problem, but am only a sporadic user.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 8 of 20
anniesball72
in reply to: annw2

I'm still having trouble with this anyone find a resolution?

Message 9 of 20
Joe-Bouza

Is it possible that c3d not being backward compatible this may be causing a problem with DS?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 10 of 20
LyleHardin

Wow, over a year later and still no solution?

I'm getting this error in 2013 now. I'm thinking it must be a corrupt drawing or something.

Anyone?

Message 11 of 20

Dude

I had the same error... types SHORTCUTASSOCIATEDISABLE in command line and problem solved!!!!

Message 12 of 20

I am also having the same problem with the data shorcuts (Civil 3D 2013). I have tried the suggestions posted so far, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 13 of 20
josh.bonora

I have the same problem using 2012 in that i would repeatedly get the error message requiring the dwg to be saved. I found that i couldnt create data shortcuts as my alignment was already linked to something in the dwg, In my case a profile & corridor. Once i deleted the corridor that it was linked to i could immediately create shortcuts.

Message 14 of 20

It appears to have something to do with corridors and it's state when a save happens. Locking the layer the corridor is on appears to prevent the corridor from changing it's state based on the save action. 

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 15 of 20
bjohnson

I'd experienced this error using Civil3D 2013.  Previously my 'File Save' >> 'Save as:' Setting was set to AutoCAD 2010 (*.dwg).  Whoever suggested problems with backwards compatibility was right, in my case.  I changed this setting to AutoCAD 2013 (*.dwg) to match the year of the version I have and then I was able to create data shortcuts.  I hate to forfeit compatibility for this though.

Message 16 of 20

I'm still having this issue with Civil 3d 2014... I tried locking all layers... I do my corridors in a completly seperate drawing just to avoid this... But it's still happening. Any other ideas/fixes? Thanks.

Message 17 of 20

Nevermind. I eventually got it to work. No corridors in my drawing but I entered this command SHORTCUTASSOCIATEDISABLE, saved, restarted cad, locked all layers, and then I could create shotcuts.

Message 18 of 20

I was getting the same error, I would have to ask another coworker to open the design file and add it for me then close out. I ended up going to the options command and setting the save as default to 2013 instead of 2010 and I am able to add data shortcuts again.

Message 19 of 20

I have had this happen to me in the past where I KNOW I have saved but still cannot create the datareferences.

what I found as a solution is to make sure that I associate current project to dwg and then save. After I do that I have no issues. I suspect the "....associatedisable" setvar mentioned earlier circumvents the need to associate project to dwg and therefore accomplishes a similar result. Although the dwg will not necessarilly associate with the project if disabled.

Message 20 of 20
mark.d.presley
in reply to: LyleHardin

had the same problem today... based on the info i did the following with success.  civil 3d 2013

close dwg

file

drawing utility

recover

select origin file for surface

right after the recovery process go to toolspace select surface and pick the data shortcut button from the ribbon

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report